Induldge me on a "color choice"....

I found this on the net 5 years ago. It is supposed to be a match to the Atlas gray. A person took a clean part from his Atlas joiner to a Sherwin-Williams paint store to have analyzed and here is the formula he posted:

Base: Industrial Enalel Ultra Deep Base 1 Gallon B54T104

BAC Blend-a-color OZ 32 64 128
W1 White 4 20 - -
B1 Black 2 18 - -
G2 New Green - 8 1 -
N1 Raw Umber 2 5 - 1
Y3 Deep Gold - 11 1 1

He said it was a perfect match. I am no paint mixer and I do not really understand the chart. I would imagine any Sherwin-Williams store that mixes paint would know. My best guess is that the formula is for a quart of paint.

I keep trying to separate the numbers and the dashes but, each time edit and space things correctly, it automatically goes back to the group seen here. OZ, 32, 64, and 128 are column headings and the numbers and dashes belong under the headings. Sorry.

Last edited:
I painted my table saw with that paint I think thay call it hammertone black .
How does the hammered finish look over the rough part of castings? I'm about to paint my Craftsman 109 and I'm worried that hammered finish is going to look strange on irregular surfaces.

I tend to opt for some shade of gray myself, rustoleum dove gray is a favorite. I have and old craftsman drill press that is what was at the time called national blue its been on it for years and still looks good.

How does the hammered finish look over the rough part of castings? I'm about to paint my Craftsman 109 and I'm worried that hammered finish is going to look strange on irregular surfaces.

I think it would look fine, as its purpose is to hide surface imperfections. The color I used was Grey #7214.

choice made:

219ad06823e026df2309e40d8a4aa637.jpg

That's just one I ran across on the internet and I like it.

Blue it is. There's just something soothing to me about a room with blue machinery, just looks good to my eye:

f2c2e8e13a10ed6ee763d02cfd9d1a9c.jpg

The scheme of the room will be blue and gray. Boxes, tables and machinery will be a darker shade of blue (kind of a Michelin blue). Walls will be a medium shade of gray on the bottom, blue stripe with black edges and top walls will be a white or perhaps a light gray.

Marks right about the color your wife likes. LOL Im partial to gunmetal grey myself. Just used to it I suppose.

Like the shop real nice,
If it was me I would go with the Blue
that is inside you shop, stands out and
soft on the eyes

With a name like "Great White" I would think the color choice would be obvious.....LOL

Back