Induldge me on a "color choice"....

If you look around here you will find awide verity of coolors used on lathes. Be I like machine gray. or a gray wiyh a hint of blue. One member painted his in chevy ornge, the redish ornge thay used on the engins. Another member painted his bright Yellow. I think a ford blue would look good on an atlas.
Or you could keep the wife happy and paint it pink.:roflmao:

I would opt for a metallic blue, that's my goal for my Zx45 someday. Right now it's an uglier green than that atlas, lol. I would discourage black for one reason. Oil. It's easier to clean up when you can see it. it's also easier to spot when it's leaking from somewhere it shouldn't. Gray is also a good choice and definitely for the eyes. Or a combination of colors can be nice as well.

Purple metal flake. Or whatever color you can look at. I've been warming up to "high hide white" machine tools.

I two toned my Traytop, it hides oil dirt really well. Nothing looks worse than bright paint covered in black oil.

traytop017.jpg

The atlas got a similar treatment:

Image45.jpg

traytop017.jpg

Image45.jpg

I did a lathe paint job a few months ago that you can see below. It is a mix of two Rustoleum colors, 1/3rd of a half pint of blue to one quart of smoke gray. I like it, but color is a personal choice...

image.jpg

image.jpg

I two toned my Traytop, it hides oil dirt really well. Nothing looks worse than bright paint covered in black oil.

traytop017.jpg

The atlas got a similar treatment:

Image45.jpg
y

that colour looks great, can I ask what it is? Thank you.

traytop017.jpg

Image45.jpg

I recently painted some file cabinets with a Rust Oleum "Hammered Finish" spray paint. I cannot recall the exact color name but it is kind of a "gunmetal grey". It leaves a fine color texture and hard durable finish. I think it would be perfect for a machine tool.

Back