How embarrassing

All my design work has been in metric for over two decades now. I often put imperial dimensions on my drawings for the convenience of clients, such as the attached. Thankful Fusion will output drawings annotated in both systems.

I didn't know that. I'll have to check that out later tonight when I get back in the house.

I do woodworking in a unitless system. It's called the "too short", "too long" and "close enough" system.
I try to do woodworking with a knife mark off the other pieces as much as possible.
The other day I needed to cut a face frame stile (outter most). I measured the one side, 1.75 measured it twice then walked over to the tablesaw and set it to 1.5 (dumb ****). Which is why I prefer to gang cut, or set a stop, or use a knife to set my length etc.

Because you can't fix too short easily. In my case I rejoined the cut off back, and re-cut it. Now if I can only find the glue to put the metal back together :rolleyes:

Superior method of measurement???? Only to the rest of the world, WTF do they know?

Some countries use the metric system, other countries have been to the moon..............
giphy (1).gif

I try to do woodworking with a knife mark off the other pieces as much as possible.
The other day I needed to cut a face frame stile (outter most). I measured the one side, 1.75 measured it twice then walked over to the tablesaw and set it to 1.5 (dumb ****). Which is why I prefer to gang cut, or set a stop, or use a knife to set my length etc.:rolleyes:
If you ever decide you want to upgrade to 0.1mm crosscut accuracy, let me know. LOL

IMG_0354.jpeg

And let me know if you'd like a Tee. :)

Accuracy Matters - Even Woodworking.jpg

I have been intermingling imperial and metric in all of my projects. I’d love to go just metric, but most of the materials I source are imperial. I prefer metric fasteners, and those are easy enough to order. The Quorn project I’m doing is pretty much all imperial so far, as the plans are mainly drawn to imperial.

The Hemingway tailstock holder drawings are an example of a mess. Screw threads are a mix of metric and imperial, dimensions are in decimal inches with an occasional fraction like 7/32 thrown in. It’s not a problem, but an annoyance.

The other day I needed to cut a face frame stile (outter most). I measured the one side, 1.75 measured it twice then walked over to the tablesaw and set it to 1.5 (dumb ****). Which is why I prefer to gang cut, or set a stop, or use a knife to set my length etc.

Because you can't fix too short easily. In my case I rejoined the cut off back, and re-cut it. Now if I can only find the glue to put the metal back together :rolleyes:
It is called a welder.

Back