How embarrassing

Hi David,
Do you have the part number for that folding crank on your knee handle?
You mean these? Same on both ends of the X-axis and the Y-axis.

IMG_0352.jpeg

IMG_0353.jpeg

Here is a link to those folding handles if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I'm working on making the switch to metric. I have been using metric in all my designs with Fusion-360, I have both my DROs set to metric, and just picked up a metric tape measure.

I actually flip back and forth between metric and imperial.

One of the many “joys” of being the generation that got the “advantage” of starting in imperial and converting to metric in jr high.

Truthfully, even though a base 10 system is easier, I’m just messed up in both…

I'm working on making the switch to metric. I have been using metric in all my designs with Fusion-360, I have both my DROs set to metric, and just picked up a metric tape measure.
You'll know you've completed the journey when you get one of these. :D

I would have been happy if that happened. I do just about all my machining in metric, but still doing woodworking in imperial, one of these days I will fully switch. Now that I have a DRO on my mill, the imperial dials are just a selling point at my estate sale. One thing I like about metric is the number of DIN standards that make designing, and reverse engineering, easy. The imperial world seems like a free for all in comparison.

I actually flip back and forth between metric and imperial.
All my design work has been in metric for over two decades now. I often put imperial dimensions on my drawings for the convenience of clients, such as the attached. Thankful Fusion will output drawings annotated in both systems.

Attachments

• Kappa 400 Throat Plate V2 Drawing v8.pdf
    472.5 KB · Views: 86
One of the many “joys” of being the generation that got the “advantage” of starting in imperial and converting to metric in jr high.
Same here. I'm measurement-bilingual. It is why I *love* electronic calipers and micrometers. Measurements are native no matter what.

Some Colchester lathes came with auto-converting dials the read in true metric and true imperial, with a 127 tooth gear built right into the dial. -- That is seriously hard core.

Back