How do start my mini mill setup

Mark I'll install some wire guides and covers for the DROs. Thanks for the idea on the shims. Can I make this angle with a rotary table?
Yes just tram your part to the mill x or y axis then crank to 5 deg.Mark

Neat setup. Regarding wire guides, if you can't find anything more to your liking, you can bundle the cables in spiral plastic cable wrap. It's flexible & expandable. If you have an electrical supply store nearby they'll likely have some, also, there many sources for it on the internet including Radio Shack. You can fasten the individual cables or the bundle to the wall or to the machine as needed with inexpensive hardware store metal or plastic cable straps. I use them all the time.

Last edited:
I used heat shrink tube with some tie wire tape to it to guide it through some over size cable clips on the y slide. then wire tied them to the cord.

Neat setup. Regarding wire guides, if you can't find anything more to your liking, you can bundle the cables in spiral plastic cable wrap. It's flexible & expandable. If you have an electrical supply store nearby they'll likely have some, also, there many sources for it on the internet including Radio Shack. You can fasten the individual cables or the bundle to the wall or to the machine as needed with inexpensive hardware store metal or plastic cable straps. I use them all the time.

A cheap route is using a metal wrapped shower hose. They can be found in wrapped metal quite cheap at dollar stores and will be long enough for your purposes. They will also be coolant proof which is a bonus.

Paul.

Wire guides in and flex cover to neaten up the place. :drink2:

Back