Helmet---$$$$---?????

I am leaning towards a Miller Elite---- one of thier Newest models. They have a faster responce time which should cut down on the flash. Price looks like they start at just over $200.00 and go up.

I too am looking for an auto darkening helmet. Mine is about 10-15 years old. It still works, but I'm guessing it's a "first generation" unit. No battery in it that I'm aware of (has a solar cell). It flashes me every time I start an arc which screws up my vision somewhat (I think) for the duration of the bead because I really can't see what I'm doing. It's like it's too dark.

What's a cheater lens? Is it some sort of built-in reading glasses? I need readers to do just about anything nowadays. +1.25 to use the computer, +1.50 to +1.75 to weld, machine, solder, etc.

So far I'm gleaning that the Miller Elite or the Northern Unit is the weapon of choice. Yes?

I'm also guessing that the Miller costs my first born like Miller stuff does.

John

Yep, the "cheaters" are kind of a built-in reading glasses. The Miller would be and is my choice. It may be a bit more expensive but what are your eyes worth?

-Ron

The first one I got was a Miller you know the fancy one with the eagles on it. I had it about a year and was doing some welding I took it off and put it on the welding table. I cut some metal and threw it on the table it landed on the sensors and busted them.

So I'm off the the suppler to get the parts to fix it and only to fine out they didn't make those parts anymore. So $200.00 later I'm out the door with a new one.

I still have the old one as a reminder to put it up instead of putting it on the table.

Paul

24 hour turn around---now that's service----- bought from Indiana Oxygen in Indianaoplis-----

DSCN1250.JPG

Oh Man, that thing is so new and pretty, you won't want to weld in it and get it all dirty!!!

Better put it on a shelf and go buy a cheap HF model to work in!

It will stay clean for a couple more days----------New Welder is on the way-------- bought tanks yeaterday

Next tread I start------------ Mig Welding for Dummies
I am just tired of sending my welding out---- it just ain't handy.

Next tread I start------------ Mig Welding for Dummies
I am just tired of sending my welding out---- it just ain't handy.

AW, It's so easy a cavemen can do it, matter of fact several years ago some university proported to have taught a chimpanzee how to weld,,,,,,,,,I believe it now resides on a corporate board somewhere!

My welding has improved leaps & bounds since starting this new job, I initially failed the welding test but the new guy that started the same day as I did went to college for metal fusion. Just a couple pointers from him and a few minutes later I'm laying beads like a pro. The new splash shield on my helmet was a great help too.

Back