Helmet---$$$$---?????

Gary,
I can tell you that it is way better to spend a bit more on a good helment than to risk getting flashed to save a few bucks.
Bob

I spent 15 years on the road playing Bike Rallies and got flashed every day several times a day & I'm fine:high5::drink::yikes::drool:

This is the one I bought but had some coupons so got it for just under $100.00 I didn't see the bag they offer but would suggest you get one to keep it in, it comes with an extra cover lens which is cool cause mine is already scratched.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200416894_200416894
I'll second this helmet. It's an excellent helmet, much better than the HF helmets. It'll take a cheater lens too. It has 4 sensors like the more expensive helmets. A great helmet at a great price.

I have the Miller auto darkening helmet also, But if I am striking alot of arks when wearing my auto darkening helmet and using my ark welder for jobs, such as tack welding a big project I noticed that my eyes would be eratated at the end of the day. so I went back to my regular welding helmet. Right now I use my auto helmet for jobs when I have few ark strikes or am running a long beads or when I use my wire feed.

After reading this thread, I decided to check the KMS flyer for helmets. I have a couple of cheapy autos and they work fine for me, but the bosses gave me a couple of bills for my birthday and my rule is "Never spend found money on essentials".

Turns out the Miller Elite was on sale this weekend only. I went down and found that there was an in-store special on them for another $20 off. Did I need it? No. Has that ever stopped any of us before? No.

After reading this thread, I decided to check the KMS flyer for helmets. I have a couple of cheapy autos and they work fine for me, but the bosses gave me a couple of bills for my birthday and my rule is "Never spend found money on essentials".

Turns out the Miller Elite was on sale this weekend only. I went down and found that there was an in-store special on them for another $20 off. Did I need it? No. Has that ever stopped any of us before? No.

This almost sounds like a gloat, and you know what that means???? Yep, you guessed it, the obligatory picture!!!

Not so much a gloat, since I know the regular price down your way is probably less that I paid. Nevertheless, your wish is my command. Here it is next to my old helmet. Viewing area is bigger, weight is lower, more adjustments.
P7230593a.jpg

P7230593a.jpg

Thats pretty sweet, now you can wear it during Halloween when the kids come to the door and be Darth Vader (almost)!

Thanks for the picture!!

I'd have to have the big hole model. Ive tried cheaters in the lens, and that just doesn't cut it for me. Good looking hood, and if Miller puts their name on it, it probably does more than look good.

I too am looking for an auto darkening helmet. Mine is about 10-15 years old. It still works, but I'm guessing it's a "first generation" unit. No battery in it that I'm aware of (has a solar cell). It flashes me every time I start an arc which screws up my vision somewhat (I think) for the duration of the bead because I really can't see what I'm doing. It's like it's too dark.

What's a cheater lens? Is it some sort of built-in reading glasses? I need readers to do just about anything nowadays. +1.25 to use the computer, +1.50 to +1.75 to weld, machine, solder, etc.

So far I'm gleaning that the Miller Elite or the Northern Unit is the weapon of choice. Yes?

I'm also guessing that the Miller costs my first born like Miller stuff does.

John

Back