Harbor Freight milling machine drum switch wiring

bradybroussard

Registered
Registered
I have a mill and the switch is in pieces with wires removed. Can anyone with this mill send me a pic of the switch and where the wires are connected? Also detail on the jumper wire positions. To clarify... 16 poles on the switch. Forward off reverse. 2 capacitor motor. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hi, can you post some pictures here of your hardware? There are way too many versions of switches and motors to know what you have
-Mark
ps smaller files sizes please like 500k or less. Good clear closeups of the switch and the motor wiring diagram and links to the manual too if it has any diagrams

Is this a bench mill or the larger knee mill? Model #?
-M

This is a stock photo. I'll send pics when I get back around my shop
37db222f92abb51dad380381841247fe.jpg

OK I see it's their round column machine. You mentioned the switch is in pieces- as in broken? or just disconnected?
In the meantime I'll take a look at the HF manual and see if there is a diagram
-M

Yep. I've seen it before. Not very clear how the red jumpers are wired.

Yeah I wish he had a wiring diagram for the video. I was hoping between that and the dialog in the second link you would be able to get enough info. The only other source found was the manual https://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/33000-33999/33686.pdf that
OK I see it's their round column machine. You mentioned the switch is in pieces- as in broken? or just disconnected?
In the meantime I'll take a look at the HF manual and see if there is a diagram
-M
may have been referring to.

OK I see, switch is probably a lost cause. I can suggest some switches from Amazon and show how to wire it. I would plan on running this machine on 220/240 volts, because of the current draw
-Mark
OR if you want to just get it running quickly in one direction with a simple toggle switch we could do that instead. Reverse is less useful on a mill than a lathe

Last edited:
Back