Goofs & Blunders You Should Avoid.

if your old enough to remember the samsonite commercials of the gorilla throwing / banging the Samsonite luggage all over the place.. These guys are kind of like that gorilla.. I hope these guys destroy some of the goods going to their house.

Clearly they are using SAE Vise Grips on them instead of the correct Metric Vise Grip. I assume you built it up with weld and re-machined?
Nah, just worked my magic on what was left.

Those two pieces were assembled in a 250 ton stamping press sometime back in the 70s.

They had to come out as the press was being rebuilt and these were damaged and worn and wouldn’t go back via conventional means.

I wonder what the pay rate is........
When I was doing that same job about 7 years ago? $15h, and all they care about is how fast it's done. That warehouse would have a problem with the speed it's being unloaded, not how he was doing it. Same with packing orders, they only care about speed, not doing it right.

I worked for an LTL carrier years ago, and it was common to use the forklift to compress the load to get the doors closed.

Too many to list last night while installing hot water heater . :rolleyes:

Went into a trucking terminal and just happened to see a fork lift driver trying to back out of a truck with a 40' stick of 4" pipe. He only had 30' of room in back of Him so He could not swing around. He kept backing up quickly and kept bending the pipe around a bollard. When He got done the pipe had about a 1' bend in it. Asked the Guy with Me "would He be fired for that?" He said no, all They care about is the truck empty.

When I was doing that same job about 7 years ago? $15h, and all they care about is how fast it's done. That warehouse would have a problem with the speed it's being unloaded, not how he was doing it. Same with packing orders, they only care about speed, not doing it right.
Hey Mike, would you make note and tell John that T-Force Freight is a poor shipper....

T-force? that looked like Amazon to me (didn't listen) Identical equipment and stacking. And behavior.

T-force? that looked like Amazon to me (didn't listen) Identical equipment and stacking. And behavior.
T-Force use to be UPS's LTL branch but they sold it during the plandemic. PM shipped my new Universal dividing head to me using them and they have very poor service.

Back