Goofs & Blunders You Should Avoid.

Don't forget to torque your neutral connection... yes, molten Copper on location

Work screw up, but I thought y'all would appreciate it!
415702a3bc717dc98fdb409d992d280a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Don’t become the maintenance departments “Go to” guy.

I got asked at lunch yesterday to do an emergency clean up on these stamping press clutch parts.

Came in looking like hammered ****, with both sides of the flange looking similar.

IMG_3951.jpeg

Left looking like slightly less hammered ****.

IMG_3952.jpeg

This has become a weekly occurrence as none of the newly minted maintenance mechanics know how to do anything.

Don’t become the maintenance departments “Go to” guy.

I got asked at lunch yesterday to do an emergency clean up on these stamping press clutch parts.

This has become a weekly occurrence as none of the newly minted maintenance mechanics know how to do anything.
Need to change the Shop from “Cost Center” to a “Profit Center” so that other departments get “billed” for your services: that sometimes gets management’s attention.

Need to change the Shop from “Cost Center” to a “Profit Center” so that other departments get “billed” for your services: that sometimes gets management’s attention.
We used to do that back in the day, those were good times.

Paperwork and shennanagans got that all shut down though. Shame cause I love shennanagans, good money in those to help buy new equipment.

They also had two flame cut plates they wanted cleaned up, Those cuts were harder than woodpecker lips.

Paperwork and shennanagans got that all shut down though. Shame cause I love shennanagans, good money in those to help buy new equipment.

They also had two flame cut plates they wanted cleaned up, Those cuts were harder than woodpecker lips.
I am not a machinist, I am a designer; but we have similar problems. Engineer comes by with preferential changes of stuff we have completed or "We just need a sketch.... I have a journal that I log my time in, I account for all my time and the book belongs to me. Boss comes by wanting to know why something isn't complete I open my journal and explain it; this stops a lot of the egg sucking....

Next time you need to machine a torch cut edge, take a torch and reheat the cutvedge back up to just under dull red, and let it cool slowly. Will temper the steel softer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My latest blunder was to order a Facom tool board from Italy, as apparently their concept of proper packaging greatly differs from mine.

View attachment 459790

View attachment 459791

The tool board was shipped in a thin layer of plastic wrap and any person with a normal count of chromosomes should realize, that this is not enough.

I let the customer service know that I’m not very happy with my new Pringles and now I’m waiting for a replacement.

Both the replacement and the replacement of the replacement arrived as poorly packed and damaged as the first one :guilty: At this point I saw no other option than to ask for a refund.

In case you were wondering how it happens...
......actually not as bad as some of the yt videos i've seen of boxes thrown over fences, etc.
Though, certainly not what I want for that set of lead crystal I ordered as a wedding gift.
Especially the standing on lower packages to dislodge the stuck uppers.

kinda a real-life jenga where the only requirements are:
i) surviving the day with your legs joints intact,
ii) having the label up or front as it leaves the truck.

I wonder what the pay rate is........

Brian

Back