*** Gone *** Free Mill Power Feed - Made In Taiwan...did I Mention Its Brand New?

i just wanted to thank Coolidge for his generosity to the school. I was a teacher and when we got a donation for a project it really created excitement for students and teachers alike. it was a wonderful and very thoughtful thing to do.

I tell you shop classes in schools seem to be in serious decline these days. Where once schools had really nice shops packed with machines donated by industry today it seems like many schools are closing their shops and auctioning off the machines. Bad idea. There is a basic human need to craft things with your hands, to exercise your mind doing so. I work in high tech, software development, would it surprise people to learn many of my staff unplug and spend time on wood working, metal working, and various 19th and 20th century crafts? Mark my words kids need to be encouraged to work with tools, their hands, and to build things because this will keep them sane later in life in our high tech world.

I'm calling it, the drawing is now CLOSED to new entries. Most people were getting their name in the hat twice which made me feel bad for the few who didn't so I changed my mind and all will now have an equal chance to win. The drawing will commence shortly...machinist style...wait for it lol.

Entries...

T Bredehoft
pineyfolks
oldboy1950
davidh
mmprestine
Andy Rafferty
Big Rack
terrywerm
silverbullet
Kennlindeman
dennys502
nicky
epj
bartives
Kody the Bear
Sweeper
glucks
dagnabbit
P T Schram
kennyv
MisterFixIt1952
joebiplane
toddimus

In high school I could not get enough of the shop venue. I took a nice mix of high math, physics, advance biology, as primary but the shop was a release even then. After I left 93', two years later the woods and metal shops were shut down. Years later during college I happened into my shop teacher and mentioned that I was graduating in electrical engineering, he said he wished he would have done something different since the world doesn't care about what he did. He retired after the school system shut him out. Had the likes of Tubalcain.

Schools are a joke anymore. It is up to use to teach kids the important things in life. In a day you talk to your computer instead of typing. Use a calculator for math. Google any information you need to know. I acutually use my phone for a lot of different tools that used to be very expensive.

But in a new world like this what could be more imporant then learning to use your hands? Skill can't come from Google. It needs to be practiced.

That is very creative. Congrats MrFixit1952

coolidge, that made my day, even though I didn't win! Thanks for the chance and especially for the generosity and creativity.

I did pay attention in school and loved shop class. Math too. :)

Diameter of the lathe of fortune wheel:
23 names X .3700" per name / 3.1415 = 2.7089"
Minus about .015" for 2x paper thickness is 2.6939" OD of the mandrel.

Last edited:
Back