*** Gone *** Free Mill Power Feed - Made In Taiwan...did I Mention Its Brand New?

Please add me to the list. As I have THE hook-up on UPS, I'll even send a shipping label should I win!

Announcement: I'm afraid the free power feed will have to go to someone in the USA, I have shipped stuff to other countries before, its quite expensive and can be a real hassle.

Also I plan to put names in a hat and draw someone. Those posting a funny story as to why they really need one may get their names in the hat twice. Seniors over 65 will get their names in the hat twice as will those like myself who have worn out joints and ailments.

Now let me tell you this power feed is really nice. There is a RPM knob which gives you really fine control over the feed even at very slow speeds, a rapid button that will zoom the table from end to end faster than you could hand crank it, and it has ample torque, that's a 40" table on my mill and it has no problem moving it at all.

You guys are all very generous and kind to all to say the least , its hard to belive its such a tight niched community. Very humbling to read this post thread.
And amused as well ... U Guys crack me up the stories of folks saying how bad and why they need it. Pictures an all ..Gota love it :)
Now im not sure if that would work on the PM-25 MV ill be getting soon if so can ya throw my name in the hat too . Who knows never won anything in over 30 years besides a little hand held Black n white Tv Radio raffled as a door prize at my First girlfriends Christmas party
dont belive much in luck nor play the lottery but thats a funny story aint it . Does that get my name the hat?

Of course if only If it will work on the PM25MV with a little modifications . Sure i can handle that thanks

I usually don't get in on the freebies but I have lusted after one of these power feeds for my HF mill drill for 15 years. Social security doesn't allow purchases like this (as indicated by several other geezer machinists, such as myself).

Since it appears that there are quite a few needy individuals who would like a crack at this (quite generous) gift, I think that you take all of the requests and have a drawing. I know that I won't be the winner, never having won anything in my life, but that would be the easiest and most fair way to pick a recipient.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to possibly receive this wonderful tool.

If it would adapt to a SX3 Mill I'm in !
That sure is a generous offer. I have lusted for a power feed for 5 years now but there just always seem to be too much month left at the end of the check !
at 73 part time work is getting scarcer and scarcer .

I am a mentor for a high school robotics team near my home. I have a few "basic" machine shop tools that the kids use for their competition robot each year. They compete in the nationwide BEST program (www.bestinc.org). I have a RongFu RF30? (round column) mill. I also got them an older Southbend 9A undermount motor model lathe. I'd love to have the power feed. It would save a great deal of time with the kids. Wife says I've exceeded my donation limit to the team, after buing the lathe, and having built them a small CNC machine. It would go to a great cause.

Thanks,
Scott

I purchased a 3rd power feed and had Enco ship it to you minutes ago, pretty cool videos of your kids robot I'm happy to support a good cause like that.

See, I am a geezer. I didn't see the previous post saying that there would be a drawing. I guess that is what happens when you have poor eyesight in the one eye that you have left.

I don't have a humerus story regarding my mill drill but I have a real knee slapper about my HF 9x20 lathe. About 2 years ago I was cleaning out and rearranging my shop. I had my 9x20 lathe on it's stand, which has heavy duty roller wheels to allow me to move it around. parked at the end of my driveway while I moved some other stuff around. I was working away, I think with a broom, when I heard what sounded like a skateboarder rolling by on the sidewalk in front of the house. I paused in my sweeping task and walked out of the garage to the end of the driveway (where it starts to slope down to the sidewalk and the busy street below) when to my surprise (and horror) I realized that my lathe was no longer where I had parked it. It seems that the lathe had taken up down hill skiing. That wasn't a skateboarder I had heard, it was my lathe attempting a getaway. The burgundy colored 300 lb lathe perched on it's wheeled stand had rolled down the 20 foot long slope at the end of my driveway and had headed for the great outdoors.

Luckily, as the lathe hit the street curb cut, it veered to the right and went "ass over tea kettle" as my dad would have said, and had landed in the grass strip in front of the house. If I wasn't so concerned about damage I would have started laughing. The lathe was sticking straight up in the air, having come to rest on it's end. I was amazed that it hadn't fallen over having tipped over, end wise, and was standing end up about three and a half feet with it's wheels facing the sidewalk. It took me and help from a friend to set it back on it's wheels and get it pushed back up the driveway slope. I immediately put blocks in front of the wheels to prevent a repeat of the attempted escape. The only damage was a bit of bent sheet metal on the motor and gear cover door (easily repaired). I could not believe my good fortune that the lathe hadn't rolled into the street and hit, or was hit by a speeding car. As it was, the grass strip that it landed on was soft enough to absorb the landing and although the lathe upended, it did not proceed to tip over on it's side, an event that would have surely damaged the delicate cross slide and possibly twisted the frame.

My only regret over the incident was that I didn't have the presence of mind to take a picture of the lathe before I rescued it from it's precarious landing. As I look back on the incident, I can't help but laugh at the sight of the upended lathe. The sight instantly reminded me of my father's VW bus, which he flipped upside down in a black ice caused wreck, many years ago. I will forever remember the sight of the upside down bus, on a lonely back road, with it's little wheels twitching in the air. That is the image that crossed my mind when I first beheld my poor runaway lathe, it's little wheels waving in the wind at the bottom of my driveway. To this day, every time I use the lathe, I breath a sigh of relief that the tool gods were looking over my shoulder that day.

Sincerely,
MisterFixIt1952

I purchased a 3rd power feed and had Enco ship it to you minutes ago, pretty cool videos of your kids robot I'm happy to support a good cause like that.
Wow, coolidge- way to walk the talk, and be the example. Humbling.

See, I am a geezer. I didn't see the previous post saying that there would be a drawing. I guess that is what happens when you have poor eyesight in the one eye that you have left.

I don't have a humerus story regarding my mill drill but I have a real knee slapper about my HF 9x20 lathe. About 2 years ago I was cleaning out and rearranging my shop. I had my 9x20 lathe on it's stand, which has heavy duty roller wheels to allow me to move it around. parked at the end of my driveway while I moved some other stuff around. I was working away, I think with a broom, when I heard what sounded like a skateboarder rolling by on the sidewalk in front of the house. I paused in my sweeping task and walked out of the garage to the end of the driveway (where it starts to slope down to the sidewalk and the busy street below) when to my surprise (and horror) I realized that my lathe was no longer where I had parked it. It seems that the lathe had taken up down hill skiing. That wasn't a skateboarder I had heard, it was my lathe attempting a getaway. The burgundy colored 300 lb lathe perched on it's wheeled stand had rolled down the 20 foot long slope at the end of my driveway and had headed for the great outdoors.

Luckily, as the lathe hit the street curb cut, it veered to the right and went "ass over tea kettle" as my dad would have said, and had landed in the grass strip in front of the house. If I wasn't so concerned about damage I would have started laughing. The lathe was sticking straight up in the air, having come to rest on it's end. I was amazed that it hadn't fallen over having tipped over, end wise, and was standing end up about three and a half feet with it's wheels facing the sidewalk. It took me and help from a friend to set it back on it's wheels and get it pushed back up the driveway slope. I immediately put blocks in front of the wheels to prevent a repeat of the attempted escape. The only damage was a bit of bent sheet metal on the motor and gear cover door (easily repaired). I could not believe my good fortune that the lathe hadn't rolled into the street and hit, or was hit by a speeding car. As it was, the grass strip that it landed on was soft enough to absorb the landing and although the lathe upended, it did not proceed to tip over on it's side, an event that would have surely damaged the delicate cross slide and possibly twisted the frame.

My only regret over the incident was that I didn't have the presence of mind to take a picture of the lathe before I rescued it from it's precarious landing. As I look back on the incident, I can't help but laugh at the sight of the upended lathe. The sight instantly reminded me of my father's VW bus, which he flipped upside down in a black ice caused wreck, many years ago. I will forever remember the sight of the upside down bus, on a lonely back road, with it's little wheels twitching in the air. That is the image that crossed my mind when I first beheld my poor runaway lathe, it's little wheels waving in the wind at the bottom of my driveway. To this day, every time I use the lathe, I breath a sigh of relief that the tool gods were looking over my shoulder that day.

Sincerely,
MisterFixIt1952

This story is 'DOH!' approved! lol

coolidge,

Awesome generosity! Good to see another example that there actually are good people in this world.

I'm getting a PM25 mill as well as a PM1228 lathe and I'm already in the doghouse with the minister of finance (a.k.a. wifey) for spending too much money. I'd love to have a power feed for the mill, so please add me to the list.

For my story, not so much funny as it is ridiculous but here goes...

I wanted to get a workbench to go along with the new tools, so I decided on a Gladiator 8' maple workbench. It's awesome! Home Depot had a sale of 20% off, so I decided to go for it. I had them ship it to the store so I could avoid shipping charges. I went to pick up the first one and come to find out that some ace forklift driver had put a big gouge right in the middle of the top surface of the bench. If the table was cheap, I would have just dealt with it and taken a small discount or something, but this thing is expensive!! I want to put the first gouges in the workbench top!

So I decided to have them re-order it for me, and they gave me another 10% off. That one comes into the store and I get a call that it too is damaged. This time, they put the same gouge in the exact same spot, but they also managed to let a pack of dogs or something chew on the corner of the table. Just so happens that it's the corner of the bench that has the Gladiator logo on it. So, I figured third time must be the charm. They gave me an even bigger discount on it this time, for all of my trouble. Got the email that says the third table had arrived at HD, so I called in to make sure it was OK. Wouldn't you know it, it's damaged too. This time, in the same spot as the first two, but they kept it away from the pack of dogs on the corner. The ding was actually fairly small, but it's one of those things that I'll notice every time I walk up to the workbench.

The manager ended up giving me a gift card as compensation for the damage and my trouble. The damage likely happened either from their vendor or along the way in shipping, so I couldn't really get mad at Home Depot. And it definitely wasn't the folks at the local HD store. So, in the end, I got the workbench for $320 plus a $50 gift card, so net it cost me $270. Took about 2 weeks for the whole process to run its course, but I've got it build and waiting to be moved into it's final home.

i just wanted to thank Coolidge for his generosity to the school. I was a teacher and when we got a donation for a project it really created excitement for students and teachers alike. it was a wonderful and very thoughtful thing to do.

Back