*** Gone *** Free Mill Power Feed - Made In Taiwan...did I Mention Its Brand New?

I hand cranked the first 3 mills I had: an Atlas,a mill drill,and a #4 Burke. Finally I made a single speed (very slow!) power feed out of a Bodine motor and a heavy duty worm and spur gear I had. I'm not much of an electrician. IIRC,I think the unit at least had reverse. Been a very long time ago. The unit certainly saved me literally hours of slowly turning the crank! When I got into better financial shape,and bought a Bridgeport clone,I was able to put a Servo unit on both the X and Y feeds.

I also( like someone else here alluded to),considered using a barbecue rotisserie motor. However,the actual motor was very tiny,and I thought it might not have the power. Maybe it would have worked anyway,being so geared down.

That would bolt right up to my Grizzly 1006 mill/drill. My poor old right shoulder is about worn out, and a power feed would be a wonderous addition.

Announcement: I'm afraid the free power feed will have to go to someone in the USA, I have shipped stuff to other countries before, its quite expensive and can be a real hassle.

Also I plan to put names in a hat and draw someone. Those posting a funny story as to why they really need one may get their names in the hat twice. Seniors over 65 will get their names in the hat twice as will those like myself who have worn out joints and ailments.

Now let me tell you this power feed is really nice. There is a RPM knob which gives you really fine control over the feed even at very slow speeds, a rapid button that will zoom the table from end to end faster than you could hand crank it, and it has ample torque, that's a 40" table on my mill and it has no problem moving it at all.

Last edited:
It would surely be an upgrade to my Rong-Fu.
Can I donate some shipping/handling cost?
It would help with my Arthr in my hands.
Thx...

I'd love to have it and I'll pass along the good will. Should I be selected to receive it I'll forward a similar Enco drive for either the X axis on a BP or can be easily modified to fit Y axis on Wrong Fu

I am a kinetic sculptor setting up my own studio for the first time and this would be very useful with my Mill/Drill. Please include me in the drawing and check out my work.
Thanks Graham

I think this would fit right onto a G0704- wow, I'll put my hat in, there might be more worthy candidates- I just can't afford something like this normally (I got my G0704 for $500, and building it up with tooling is taking a LONG time. If I want a tool or upgrade, I pretty much have to learn how to make it).

This is a great idea, I don't need one however. If whoever gets it pays something else forward maybe they can post whatever it is and do the same type of selection process on the next item.

I am a mentor for a high school robotics team near my home. I have a few "basic" machine shop tools that the kids use for their competition robot each year. They compete in the nationwide BEST program (www.bestinc.org). I have a RongFu RF30? (round column) mill. I also got them an older Southbend 9A undermount motor model lathe. I'd love to have the power feed. It would save a great deal of time with the kids. Wife says I've exceeded my donation limit to the team, after buing the lathe, and having built them a small CNC machine. It would go to a great cause.

Thanks,
Scott

Back