Gold plated 9A

Nice. One could get a decent Monarch for that price though.

Yep, it sure looks nice.
But for 5-grand, I would think for that kind of coin, there is lots of lathes out there.

While not for me either, I can really appreciate the work he put into the lathe and hope that someone that can love her buys it.

It may seem high but if the ways are back to factory spec or better it can be compared to a brand new lathe. Let's see, a brand new American made manual lathe goes for how much?

I don't see that price as being too unreasonable.

JMHO

-Ron

Where are all the "You get what you pay for" guys?

Bill

BTW, it IS a beautiful job and probably worth the money.

If it was a heavy 10 with the large spindle bore I would say it was worth the money. At the end of the day it is a very pretty "hobby" lathe. I think there are too many limitations on this machine to justify such a high price.

I'm kinda surprised by the reactions here...

Someone figure out how much all the tooling and accessories are worth:

Micrometers, dial indicators, collets, collet closer, chucks, faceplate, tooling, QCTP...
Now add in that there should be no cleanup, and aside from leveling it properly.. .no setup adjustments needed.

And a smoking clean bench/setup/etc.

It is a turn-key setup for anyone who has dabbled with a mini and ready to move up. etc. Or someone who wants to start from scratch and doesn't want to try and figure out what all they need and buy it all piecemeal.

I don't think the price is totally unreasonable.

Just my $0.02

I'm kinda surprised by the reactions here...

Someone figure out how much all the tooling and accessories are worth:

Micrometers, dial indicators, collets, collet closer, chucks, faceplate, tooling, QCTP...
Now add in that there should be no cleanup, and aside from leveling it properly.. .no setup adjustments needed.

And a smoking clean bench/setup/etc.

It is a turn-key setup for anyone who has dabbled with a mini and ready to move up. etc. Or someone who wants to start from scratch and doesn't want to try and figure out what all they need and buy it all piecemeal.

I don't think the price is totally unreasonable.

Just my $0.02
buy it......

Back