G4003G

I ran the machine for a bit to get familiar with it, I then tightened up the saddle, the cross slide and the compound, adjusted the spindle bearings, isolated the motor mounts and checked the bed to spindle alignment, of course aligned the tailstock as well, also changed out the gear box oil/saddle oil and have always kept the machine lubed and clean...also put an ER40 chuck plate on it which has been a dream for repeatability......I also made a out board spider for the spindle bore...

Thanks mole. Just got my G4003G lathe delivered this afternoon. Slowly working on getting things cleaned and checking things over before mounting on the stands. Found some small filings in the head stock cavity. (Was shipped without oil). I'll get them cleaned out tomorrow.

Dude, you're supposed to have pics up already! :congratulations:

My concern with the new compound is that it looks like it positions the QCTP 5. to .6 higher than normal which would make getting the larger tooling positioned below spindle center line an issue. That could force use of a AXA vs a BXA QCTP.

Compound doesn't seem too high. With a 3/8" tool in holder on center, there is still a 1/2" from bottom of tool holder to compound.

Compound doesn't seem too high. With a 3/8" tool in holder on center, there is still a 1/2" from bottom of tool holder to compound.

I was speaking of that picture with the modified compound and the steel column in the background, did you get that milling attachment with your new G4003G?

Nope, no milling attachment. They must of thought that I didn't want/need it.

I would have to sell a lot of pencils on the street corner to have an Aloris...

Bill what the hell? Its not just the compound what's that steel column behind it with the screw and power cable hanging down? In any case OP good choice I have the G4003G myself.

View attachment 86743
That's not a picture of a G4003G. There's a milling column and the cross slide has T-slots. I have my G4003G going on two years and I luv the machine. Accurate, trouble free, with all the bells and whistles.

That's not a picture of a G4003G. There's a milling column and the cross slide has T-slots. I have my G4003G going on two years and I luv the machine. Accurate, trouble free, with all the bells and whistles.

Look closely at the model number I believe it does say G4003G, the mystery continues...

g4003g.jpg

g4003g.jpg

Back