G4003G

raven7usa

Active User
Registered
Just ordered a G4003G lathe a couple of minutes ago. Now the wait for delivery begins. I may have some questions from time to time, so hopefully those who have this lathe can give me the benefit of their expertise.

Nice choice. Sadly it wasn't in the budget for me, so I got a G0602. It was quick though, order-to-delivery was 5 days. Hopefully yours comes quickly and undamaged.

Hopefully they won't push it out the back of a cargo plane with a parachute attached to it.

Nice choice! it is on my short list for my next lathe. I have gotten a little concerned lately though as the Grizzly website changed the thumbnail pics of the machine and I noticed that the closeup of the compound assy is different that the one depicted in the larger pictures. I will be VERY interested in seeing pictures of yours. :))

Bill what the hell? Its not just the compound what's that steel column behind it with the screw and power cable hanging down? In any case OP good choice I have the G4003G myself.

wth.jpg

wth.jpg

Bill what the hell? itts not just the compound what's that steel column behind it with the screw and power cable hanging down? In any case OP good choice I have the G4003G myself.

View attachment 86743

Interesting, they've added another axis to it. :rofl:
Dave
BTW, I love my G4003G even without the spare part thingy.

I'll give everyone an update as to what is standard equipment that is now being shipped.

Last edited:
Interesting, they've added another axis to it. :rofl:
Dave
BTW, I love my G4003G even without the spare part thingy.

You may be joking but that's exactly what it looks like. A G4003G mill/drill? Hmmm...

Maybe Grizzly is throwing in the mill part because they like me best...

Back