G4003 clone, motor won’t reverse.

I would be grateful for any assistance do you want my email via PM?
Sure. I never ran the lathe with the original wiring, but do still have the control box. I use the reversing switch and wires to control the VFD.

You need to ring out the two main motor windings with your meter and stop swapping things. If you don't put stakes down you'll never get the tent up
3,4 and 6 should not be tied together, 2,4 and 6 should
Main winding A should be wires 1-2
Main winding B should be wires 3-4

Last edited:
You need to ring out the two main motor windings with your meter and stop swapping things. If you don't put stakes down you'll never get the tent up
1 has resistance to 3
3prime has resistance to 4
So 3prime is actually 2

Using your diagram from post ten as drawn
Motor hums lever up or lever down.

^^^ this, Once you get the motor wires sorted out, if it still isn't working, it is time to concentrate on the reversing switch and the control box components.

Here is a thread talking about similar problems. Some wandering, and mixed discussion, so read it to the end.

^^^ this, Once you get the motor wires sorted out, if it still isn't working, it is time to concentrate on the reversing switch and the control box components.

Here is a thread talking about similar problems. Some wandering, and mixed discussion, so read it to the end.
You didn’t link the other thread

Aha! The factory motor data plate is wrong. The main windings are 1-3 and 2-4. They screwed up.
OK so if you are still getting the 110 volt readings I think one of the contactors is bad
I'm deleting the sketch for now.

Last edited:
Aha! The factory motor data plate is wrong. The main windings are 1-3 and 2-4. They screwed up.
OK so if you are still getting the 110 volt readings I think one of the contactors is bad
I should have mentioned the motor looked relabeled.
Also we both should have thought better of the motor wires being labeled with two 3’s.
So could you do another diagram like from your previous post? I’d really appreciate it, then I’ll test and report back.

I can, but first can you repeat a couple of voltage measurements?
With motor disconected, what do you measure between:
U1 and V2 lever up and lever down
Z1 and Z2 lever up and lever down
be careful

Back