FREE Date Lookup for Members in Serial Number Reference Book!

Presuming your Moore is a model #1 it was built sometime between '42 and '43.
This from the 1963 revision of the book.

How about a Brown & Sharpe 612 Micrometer? Serial no. #523-612-943, which I believe is machine type - machine size - serialized number. Does anyone know what year the 943rd was made?

Longest Thread Ever!

I've not offered this before but here goes.
I have the Serial Number Reference Book 9th edition, for metalworking machinery. If people on this forum do not know when their metalworking machinery was made, but need that info in order to find parts or accessories; post make, model and serial number and I'll look them up. If the book lists your machine & serial number I'll post it.
Please be patient & I'll reply in the order the posts are listed.

BTW, this edition of the book does not list machinery built after the year 1983.

Must add that this is a reference of "industrial" machinery. My grandfather's 1952 Craftsman 6" lathe is not listed.
So it’s a no go on an old Atlas 7B?

How about a Brown & Sharpe 612 Micrometer? Serial no. #523-612-943, which I believe is machine type - machine size - serialized number. Does anyone know what year the 943rd was made?

Longest Thread Ever!
Unfortunately there aren't any listings for the 612's in my book.
Only 510's and 618's are shown with similar #'s so guessing yours is early 60's.

Since this thread is still active, I will throw in my request for 3 different South Bend machines for a long shot on build dates.

Lathe: 10K Catalog # CL670Z S/N 15697 KAR (built 1971 from another source)

Mill: Catalog # MIL 3218 S/N ML5607

Shaper: S/N 00005S (the only other info I can find on it is an assembly # of 12J)

Thank You.

Back