First Snow...

I have an 8hp 70's Ariens with the Tecumseh snow king engine that refuses to die. Burns some oil, and I have rebuilt the carb more times than I can remember. No safety features on it. Never much figured out what the top 3 speeds are for, unless it is for going from job to job on clear roadway.

I use the clear silicone spray on the augers and chutes and works pretty well.

Hope you guys don't get as much snow as they are forecasting.

David

I now live in south Tex, but while I was in Alaska use the PTFE spray on the inside of the blower to help slick it up, I was really surprised that it helped that much. Sure beats shovel by hand when you have a foot of snow. By the way watch out for things on the ground before the snow, They can open windows real quick.
Such as Dog Run Chains... Let me tell ya...

Newspapers under the snow are a sure adventure.

"Billy G"

We're up to 8-12" now.

They told me to spray Pam cooking spray in the auger area to prevent wet snow from sticking.

We're up to 8-12" now.

They told me to spray Pam cooking spray in the auger area to prevent wet snow from sticking.
I'd go with the PTFE as KVT suggested or the silicone as DavidS mentioned, PAM will get sticky with the cold.
I'll have to say that I don't miss it, the removal part that is. I do miss the picture postcard feeling when it first falls.

"They can open windows real quick"

got any neighbors you don't like :devil:

I actually like them- that is why I will snow blow their sidewalks if I can.

Have fun Nelson, it will grow old very quickly. LOL I used to do 11 driveways while neighbors were working. They always came home to a cleared driveway. Then they expected it done, no fun anymore.

"Billy G"

My neighbor on one side is elderly. Her husband has Parkinson's.
I am going to do hers no matter what.

My other neighbor is a nice person who is very giving.
I will do his as well.

Back