First Snow...

We're in for up to a foot on Saturday. That will come n handy.

We're only supposed to get 1 to 3 inches from the storm in my area. The shore line will get hammered. Of course it all depends on if the path changes. No matter, my Yardman 13 HP 38 inch cut can handle it all. It's only 27 years old.

FWIW, I liked the other avatar. One other thing Nelson, Troy Bilt sold out to MTD a while back. MTD kept the name.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
We're getting 6-12" here. I got the Troy Bilt 28" gassed and positioned. Will try to do both neighbors too. This is new to me.

Don't be surprised if you can only get your own done. It's tiring to say the least. 1st 1ns 2nd gear are all you will ever need.

"Billy G"

Aha, the plot thickens. LOL We have been upgraded to 3-5 inches. If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait 5 minutes and it will change. LOL

"Billy G"

We're getting 6-12" here. I got the Troy Bilt 28" gassed and positioned. Will try to do both neighbors too. This is new to me.

Be careful with that thing, it looks like it would eat small cars! :cautious: :grin:

Although large, that one is small in comparison. At 27 years old this one can eat small cars.

"Billy G"

102_1123 (700 x 465).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This year, I plunked down $800 for a snowblower over at Lowe's (Troybilt 2490 Storm).
Well, now that you've gone and done that, you'll end up with only a couple of inches. Can't remember the name of the 'Law', but it
kicks in whenever you prepare ahead of time.

Murphys Law again --- Plan for the worst and be pleasantly surprised.

I now live in south Tex, but while I was in Alaska use the PTFE spray on the inside of the blower to help slick it up, I was really surprised that it helped that much. Sure beats shovel by hand when you have a foot of snow. By the way watch out for things on the ground before the snow, They can open windows real quick.

Back