First lathe above harbor freight question

I apologize if I offended you in any way
Oh you didn't. I don't know you, but I read you plenty enough to know that wasn't your intent. It looks like I just got my wires crossed about who was talking to whom anyhow. Ha! Easy mistake on the internet!
To the OP, that's no good about the semi. I bet there's a solution though. I can't help, but surely you're not the only person on this forum who dealt with it. Good luck!

Told it would be delivered on a semi truck. The road has several 45+° turns and is only 10ft wide. I am at the end of the road which has especially no turn around. The state has come down here with dump trucks and equipment trailers and struggled to get turned. Not sure a semi could do it. Called PM they confirmed it would be delivered on a semi

It could be a box truck with a lift gate, but still, that sounds like a tough driveway to get a big vehicle down. With mine, I had them hold it at the shipping depot. I took my truck down there and they loaded it with a forklift. That might be an option for you.

It could be a box truck with a lift gate, but still, that sounds like a tough driveway to get a big vehicle down. With mine, I had them hold it at the shipping depot. I took my truck down there and they loaded it with a forklift. That might be an option for you.
The sad part is that is not the driveway bit a county road!

Hoping to be able to contact the shipping company and request a box truck. Other than that, I guess I will have to meet them somewhere with a borrowed or rented truck.

I have a similar situation where I am 300-400 yards down a narrow rock road with NO place to turn a tractor-trailer rig around. Sometimes I can convince them to bring a bobtail other times, I just drive to the depot and they load it onto my truck or trailer but once an enterprising driver backed the 18 wheeler all the way down to my shop and that includes two narrow 90deg turns. Very impressive driving.

Just an idea of the situation. Took while walking around the property with the wife20210823_182757.jpg10839.jpeg20210823_182748.jpg

That does look tight, but I know some drivers can pull it off. If I were out there, I would help you with a truck and unloading. Bit of a drive for me though. :)

You're micrometer looks like it needs calibration.. :grin:

Yah I imagine only about a 1/10 of a mile or so. Would be a long backing. Plus one sharp over 45° corner with a big live oak on both sides. I will come up with some way, I am sure!

Thanks though

A PM1030 would be easy with a pickup truck, if you don't own one Home Depot rents by the hour I think. Borrow or rent an engine hoist and pick it up at the terminal, might even save a couple of bucks.

Or, contact the trucking company directly and tell them what you need. They accepted the load and probably have a way to deliver it.

John

That is a hard core HOA making residents take turns acting as speed bumps. :)

Agree renting a pickup is probably the way to go. When I was truckless I used uhaul a couple times a year to move large items or make a dump run. They were pretty affordable $20-30 / day + mileage or around $120 / day with unlimited miles for long trips.

Might even be easier because you can back a pickup right up to your garage. The 1030 is about 400lbs so well within the limits of a cheap engine hoist.

Back