Firewood Processor

The 6 spool control valve was too small for the 5/8th lines but thought I could get away with silver soldering adaptors with smaller hex's but still too tight.
Made spacers to stager the nuts and give room for the wrench. The Hardinge really shines when internal threading to a shoulder, the male threads were easy with the O-ring groove at the bottom. The female end needed a 12 deg taper for the O-ring to seat.
IMG_2153.jpg

The spacers installed and my nuts tight.

IMG_2154.jpg

The steel lines are finally done, now to make up some hoses to the cylinders.

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

The 6 spool control valve was too small for the 5/8th lines but thought I could get away with silver soldering adaptors with smaller hex's but still too tight.
Made spacers to stager the nuts and give room for the wrench. The Hardinge really shines when internal threading to a shoulder, the male threads were easy with the O-ring groove at the bottom. The female end needed a 12 deg taper for the O-ring to seat.
IMG_2153.jpg

The spacers installed and my nuts tight.

IMG_2154.jpg

The steel lines are finally done, now to make up some hoses to the cylinders.

I am assuming that you made the adapters with a Hardinge lathe. They are still very usable & "programmable" masterpieces of pre-cnc technology. I'm wondering, looking at the valve if it's flow characteristics prescribed 3/8" tubing considering wrench clearances. I like your use of tubing over just hoses. They are good for dissipating heat.

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

Your right Harry, the valve was designed for smaller tubing and the pump feeding it is only 2 gal/min, but I had the 5/8 tubing. Probably could have ignored the reservoir and just relied on the tubing volume. As a note the plumbing used up 120 feet of tubing with a few pieces less than 2 feet long left over. Actually had to tig weld two pieces together to finish the last 4 foot run. Did I mention this project was on a tight budget.

Greg

The project may be on tight budget , however, it's experiencing an abundance of admirable execution.

Can't wait to see it make little ones from big ones. :applause 2:

Been at it doing small things that don't show like making up hoses and wiring the engine.The last couple of days got a few things done.

Built the chain guard for the saw.

IMG_2176.jpg

Started the grating around the splitter.

IMG_2177.jpg

And the stops to separate the logs on the bunks.

IMG_2178.jpg

Greg

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

That is quite a machine. Looking good!

You do very nice work. Keep it up. Thank you.
Martin W

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Martin
Looks like the end is in sight. Think the next step will be getting the axle under it to get it mobile. Need to get it outdoors where there's room to build the log bunks.

Greg

Back