Firewood Processor

Have the log stop pretty much wrapped up.
I needed a valve to dump the fluid feeding the advance motor when the log hit the stop. I had a couple of sections from a stackable valve but no manifolds. Since the manifold will only be at tank pressure I made them out of aluminum.
IMG_2088.jpg

As the log advances it hits the arm which slides the shaft along compressing the spring and opening the valve. The spring also counter balances the arm to bring it back down.

IMG_2091.jpg

As the saw comes down a quick acting cam lifts the arm out of the way.

IMG_2092.jpg

Aluminum is used to make high pressure manifolds DO8 size (1") hydraulic valves. If your threads are deep enough you should have no problem.

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

Been doing lots of little bits that aren't worth posting. Wiring the engine, building throttle and shut down linkages etc.
With a box of fittings in hand we started running pipe today. Takes a while to get your head around where they need to run to avoid the next one and what direction to make the bend (yah had to cut a couple of bends off) . One end is flared but the ends at the valve had to be silver soldered on, the valve is too small for the flare nuts to clear each other.

IMG_2129.jpg

Greg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

That thing is going to be a hydraulic nightmare if it starts to loose pressure anywhere Greg.

"Billy G"

Greg,
Your processor is awesome! Very professional, the hydraulics look factory made.
Martin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love it, about the only thing I use firewood for anymore is the fire pit but that's so cool I may have build one anyway. Mike

just the oil volume of that tubing is significant!

just the oil volume of that tubing is significant!
Just looked at this build and had to start at the beginning and read it through. Wow, nice build. I have built several splitters over the years but nothing on this scale. Can't wait to see more progress and nice work man.

Back