F&S Metal Works Shop Log (PM-1054TV)

Got the ol 3d printer going and made a DRO extension to get it closer when i need it.
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0990.JPG
IMG_0989.JPG

Nice, it's strong enough to support that the cantilevered load of the display?
Just ordered me a set of M1 involute Gear cutters, woodruff key cutters, a sine bar and set of gage blocks for my mill. For the lathe, I ordered a collet chuck and a 26-piece set of ER32 collects. Now that the mill has virtually paid for itself and is putting bread on the table, I sprung for some goodies..... the fun continues. DX6 still in Miami at my forwarders (shipping sucks) :)

Yes it is quite strong. Carbon infused material. It is a little top heavy due to being attached at the bottom of the DRO but has not been an issue at all so far. Of course, its only been a day..... :)

Very cool, I need to try that filament, was thinking of getting some for some time now

Very cool, I need to try that filament, was thinking of getting some for some time now
Sensitive to temperature. We are running an ultimaker S5 with the heat management system.

I built an "Accessory Bar" for mine from 2' x 2" x 3/16" angle steel, that's bolted via the lifting-ring hole. Got all sorts of stuff hanging off that thing including the display.

acc bar1.jpg
acc bar2.jpg

I built an "Accessory Bar" for mine from 2' x 2" x 3/16" angle steel, that's bolted via the lifting-ring hole. Got all sorts of stuff hanging off that thing including the display.

View attachment 394915View attachment 394916
I kind of did the same thing but nothing on the right side like you did with the DRO. That's a good idea though.
IMG_0937.JPG

Back