F&S Metal Works Shop Log (PM-1054TV)

sr71xjet

Let the learning begin......
H-M Platinum Supporter
Well, its finally hear. The PM-1054TV is in the shop. Ordered on September 3 and after sitting off the coast for longer than we would have liked, it made it to PM and we received it on January 3.
IMG_0841.JPG
IMG_0842.JPG
IMG_0843.JPG
IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0845.JPG

Well, the HF Gantry worked just fine. Now to get it cleaned up and start putting on the options. Had PM install the DRO. We will install the x,y, and z power feeds.

So my son is wanting to do this for a career and we are all new at this. Going to need lots of help in this endeavor. Looks like we have come to the right place for this new adventure. Plus I get to play with the new equip......LOL

Congratulations on the new machine! It looks nice. Did you lift it with the head rotated down? In the photos it looked like you may have put the head up before the lift. If that was the case, remember for future that those machines can be top heavy when the head is up. i saw a guy break the “toe” off a Bridgeport when it tipped forward. You will have fun with that!

Congratulations, and welcome to the rabbit hole! ......that's a truly beautiful machine! :beer mugs:

Congratulations on the new machine! It looks nice. Did you lift it with the head rotated down? In the photos it looked like you may have put the head up before the lift. If that was the case, remember for future that those machines can be top heavy when the head is up. i saw a guy break the “toe” off a Bridgeport when it tipped forward. You will have fun with that!
Thanks, I hope we will. Looking forward to learning all about it.

Well, made some good progress. Got the x y and z power feeds installed. Installed the unisorb adjustable feet and set unit in place hopefully only this one time. Cafeteria trays came in and i cant remember where i saw them, but it looked like a good idea. Also got the "Gavintoobe clone" accessory arm built and installed. Now got to work on what to put on it. Electrical box (4 plug) and 220 added to back of the mill. Just
got to do a little painting on the arm and elec cover.

66372212398__F36C401C-C0B0-4C41-B27B-C75B5E1A808E.JPG
IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0916.JPG
IMG_0907.JPG
IMG_0897.JPG

Everything’s looking good here’s a few tips that I made on my 1054

1. go ahead and add that second four hole receptacle you’ll need it.

2. add two more handles to your quill handle.

3. did they not supply you a collet holder under the DRO read out?

Back