F&S Metal Works Shop Log (PM-1054TV)

Everything’s looking good here’s a few tips that I made on my 1054

1. go ahead and add that second four hole receptacle you’ll need it.

2. add two more handles to your quill handle.

3. did they not supply you a collet holder under the DRO read out?
3. No they did not. Was it suppose to be? Guess ill have to make one on the plasma table.

My machine is four years old and I received one with the machine but I also bought the Collett set at the same time to get free shipping with the machine.

So I don’t know if it came with the machine or if it came with collect set.
But I do know it came from quality machine tools

D64E90A8-697A-41F1-9E39-E06D3EB0FE5D.jpeg

Attachments

• E4B41A7E-D4F6-4D78-B404-7E50662A53F9.jpeg
    E4B41A7E-D4F6-4D78-B404-7E50662A53F9.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 82F9F26B-7C20-4E3E-81ED-F6BD497B7AE7.jpeg
    82F9F26B-7C20-4E3E-81ED-F6BD497B7AE7.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 88
  • C5832BFB-8E34-468C-93C2-76276666064D.jpeg
    C5832BFB-8E34-468C-93C2-76276666064D.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 82
4. I added a brake lever extension.

5. Check YouTube on how to use the China freight 3/8 air ratchet to tighten and loosen your collets.

6. i’m anal retentive enough I had to change all the black knobs to match the on off switch

My machine is four years old and I received one with the machine but I also bought the Collett set at the same time to get free shipping with the machine.

So I don’t know if it came with the machine or if it came with collect set.
But I do know it came from quality machine tools
I bought an 8 ultraprecision collet set. It was not with that or the Machine.

Well, the HF Gantry worked just fine. Now to get it cleaned up and start putting on the options. Had PM install the DRO. We will install the x,y, and z power feeds.
How can we tell.. . no pics of it hanging there :grin:
NICE.. so clean.. can't wait for you to dirty her up. :)

Congratulations on the new machine! It looks nice. Did you lift it with the head rotated down? In the photos it looked like you may have put the head up before the lift. If that was the case, remember for future that those machines can be top heavy when the head is up. i saw a guy break the “toe” off a Bridgeport when it tipped forward. You will have fun with that!
But he lifted it probably with the lifting ring on top, so it's not top heavy, it's bottom heavy, as the weight is below the lift ring.
but yea, if he slid it around.. you are correct.

How can we tell.. . no pics of it hanging there :grin:
NICE.. so clean.. can't wait for you to dirty her up. :)
yeah, we are looking forward to getting it dirty. I just hate having to clean all that shipping preservative on equipment like this. its a pain.:)

But he lifted it probably with the lifting ring on top, so it's not top heavy, it's bottom heavy, as the weight is below the lift ring.
but yea, if he slid it around.. you are correct.
Everything worked fine with the lifting ring.

Back