Ethanol strikes again .

Carb is off the zero turn and will be put into the ultrasonic cleaner for 12 hrs tonight . This is a new engine and is suppose to run off this E90 or E85 gas . Yeah , I guess it will run until the ethanol eats everything up inside . Why are they/we allowed to sell this **** ?

Why ?

Because *.gov needed to buy off the farm industry in order to get votes.
Turning food into fuel is a fundamentally bad idea.

I've been running E85 in the truck ever since gas prices went up. Paid $2.39 last Thursday. That's 38.5% cheaper than E10. Overall savings considering poor mileage is ~20%.

Motor is back together and running great . Have to put the new gator blades on tomorrow and get these yards cut . I'm so far behind on everything but trying to get caught up while working 12 hour nights . :rolleyes:

I like to run the premix in my weed trimmer and blower. But don't ever figure out the per gallon cost or you won't. I like the no carb issues part of it especially in the chain saw that might get used once a year. If I have a big job that will use a large amount of fuel I switch back to non ethanol fuel and mix accordingly with oil. the shelf life of the premix is what got me started on it.

Bet the passages in the rest of that carb are a mess as well.

I've been running E85 in the truck ever since gas prices went up. Paid $2.39 last Thursday. That's 38.5% cheaper than E10. Overall savings considering poor mileage is ~20%.
There's only a $.10 differential here in southern Wisconsin. Not enough to make me switch.

Yesterday our 100% 87 octane gasoline went down in price to the same as E-10 87 octane....$.3.19.

Yesterday our 100% 87 octane gasoline went down in price to the same as E-10 87 octane....$.3.19.
We only get eth added regular here. If you want w/out you need to buy premium.
We are not nearly that low, we are still much higher in price all around. It would be nice to drop.

E85 is the smart poor man racing fuel.
This. It may not be good for daily driving and the personal perception of fuel economy, but you can cram ethanol into your cylinders with 3 atmospheres worth of forced induction boost and still have safe overhead for ignition timing. It may not fill your cylinders with the same amount of explosive energy as gasoline under natural aspiration, but with the added octane, you can pack almost triple in there for some impressive power numbers. Ethanol is the best way to get (for instance) over 700 hp out of a 1.8 liter Honda at 10k RPM. Under NA trim, you can't get 700 HP out of a SBC in your wildest dreams. Ethanol is today's race gas. Not as much cylinder pressure needed for ignition as with nitromethane, and it's a far more streetable fuel. I just have one problem: I don't live in Iowa. It's rare to see E85 on the west coast, limited to a handful of commercial card-pay pumps and military bases.

Back