Ethanol strikes again .

Yup I have a 15 yo pressure washer that I only used premium non-ethanol gas in. It would start right up every spring by the third pull, no problem. Then 2 years ago, I lent it to a neighbor, I told him to only use the premium n-e gas. The next year it failed to start. I pulled the carb and it was a horror show, corroded and gummed up with goop. I flushed the tank and replaced the carb. It starts and runs now but it's not quite the same.

Startron additive will take care of your issue. I sold the heck out of it when I ran my small engine shop.

John

Adding Saybilt helps for all the farm’s small engines. At the fire department they are using av gas.

I saw a video about that premix and they had nothing good to say. From price to quality of fuel and gumming up the system.
I saw a video about premix and they had very good things to say..
so we know what opinions are like

15 minutes in at work the problem is solved . Float spring gummed up . A shot of PB Blaster and hopefully I'm good to go in the morning . I found out I really didn't have to take the entire carb off , but since i did , I cleaned out all the orifices . Now , to get it back on as it was . :big grin:

I feel like I'm back on the weekend crew here at work , which I am not . Filling in for another mechanic who took off . :) Should be a very slow night as the operators got paid yesterday .

Have not had any issues for years, maybe CA gas is different in a good way....right....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I run nothing but premium in everything from a station that guarantees premium is ethanol free. It’s anywhere from 5-10 cents a liter more, but worth it.

My small engines pretty much don’t give me troubles and my truck gets roughly another 200-300 kms per fill compared to regular. My truck is an ecoboost with the max tow package and while they say it will run fine on 89, it recommends 97 for towing for best performance. I just run 97 in it all the time. It’s actually quite noticeable when I’m forced to fill with 89…not to mention the mpg hit (I have the towing tanks, so that 200-300 kms more might make more sense to you knowing that fact).

Back