Do You Carry A Multitool?

I don't. But I do carry a folding clip knife and I have a CCL. Anything more and I'd have to wear a duty belt or a purse.
Randy

I don't. But I do carry a folding clip knife and I have a CCL. Anything more and I'd have to wear a duty belt or a purse.
Randy

Personally, I've never had a problem with wearing Batman's utility belt :D

Currently I have a Leatherman Wave. It's on my belt unless I'm in "church clothes". Around the shop and/or ranch I use it several several times a day.
Bobby

Randy

I assume that the CCL is for just in case it turns out to not be a knife fight.:lmao:

I carry a "Schrade" Multi-tool where ever I go. ------ "Billy G"
Like Bill I carry a “Schrade”. It is labeled “Old Timer”, for old farts I guess.

I kept losing them when I worked and traveled some until I learned that TSA on the uniformed guys at the airport stood for Taking S##t Away.:nono:

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Keep a Leatherman in the door pocket of the truck. Saved the day more then a few times. At my last job I got used to carrying a Small Maglight, utility knife and 16'tape. 3 years later I still carry them and use one or the other every day.

I carry a leatherman squirt in my pocket, tiny little guy but always handy, especially the wire stripper. I also have an ozark trai that I keep in the console of my jeep. I never leave home without one. Went with a buddy to pick up a used rear seat for his altima today and the guy that had the seat had a couple small plastic pieces that my buddy needed, so he asked if I had my McGyver with me, lol, of course I did and he got his parts, just goes to show how handy these tools can be.

I carry one off those folding utility knives on me at all times. When I don't have it on me I feel naked. I use it a lot. To open boxes ,scrape things, cut and strip wire, pull a splinter out, and a lot of other things that shouldn't be done with a knife. I like it because I can have a sharp new blade in seconds by simply flipping the blade or putting a new one in and I don't have to worry about ruining the blade.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I've always preferred Gerber tools to Leatherman. Gerber is a very fast-deploying pair of pliers; Leatherman a relatively fast knife, slow pliers. Since I carry a Swiss Army knife in addition, the Gerber fills the bill.

Wore out several Gerber "holsters" over the years - the sharp edges of the pliers sticking out tended to wear through the bottom. Then one day I found a magazine carrier (for one double-stack Glock-type mag). It has *very* strong (impregnated?) stiff cordura sides and a Velcro flap. It's absolutely great!

On the good news/bad news front ... A couple of years ago, I returned a Gerber with a broken blade to the factory (just south of Portland; handy for me as I have a house in Corvallis). Good news - they have a lifetime warranty and replaced it with their latest model for free. Bad news - the new tool has triangular carbide inserts for the wire cutting function. You can rotate to a new side when one gets dull. Only trouble is, carbide shatters much too easily! I don't know what I've been doing wrong, but I've broken two of the inserts. Replacements aren't covered by warranty, and they're not cheap!

If you want to get a Gerber, I'd suggest thinking twice before buying one with carbide inserts. Other than that, I love 'em, and use mine several times a week.

- hman
(John)

I prefer the Gerber, and have also worn out several holsters. I started buying military surplus pouches and accidentally got one that had a plastic liner. the outside was an ugly foreign camouflage, but was easily dyed black. This one has lasted for almost 5 years.

Back