Dangit .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
:eek: Have about a ton of 80/20 aluminum extrusion in the dumpster in here . Unfortunately , it has to stay in the dumpster :( I'm thinking about pulling some out and stocking it for fixtures and other crap around our maintenance shop . I sure hate to see this stuff dumped for free .

I'm not familiar with 80/20, and I can post a picture....

YOU need to get a phone with a camera that can focus,,,or better glasses so you can see it's out of focus :)

No , I need to get a set of EYES that can focus ! :high 5: Just tore apart 4 of our motors on our chiller that went out yesterday . Bad bearings and boards . We're going to try to fix them up in here . I had this set up to press the motors thru the housings , talking about some strong ass magnets ! o_O

I did a ninja edit, but you beat me.

LOL , I just saw it . It's true though , these work glasses are prescription and their 8 years old . :big grin: ( I'm actually going next month to get new ones )

I think you will be surprised at the difference.

That's just sad and wasteful. That's basically how I got my 75' of 80/20. It was an old DIY cnc router frame and they stripped all the electronics and were going to scrap the 80/20 frame. I never could have afforded to buy new including the hardware but they let a guy who worked there have it all and he sold it to me for $175 off CL. It's made all the difference in my home biz.

That's just sad and wasteful. That's basically how I got my 75' of 80/20. It was an old DIY cnc router frame and they stripped all the electronics and were going to scrap the 80/20 frame. I never could have afforded to buy new including the hardware but they let a guy who worked there have it all and he sold it to me for $175 off CL. It's made all the difference in my home biz.
Wasteful for sure . Last month someone " emptied out " our dumpster of aluminum , motors , and stainless . We have cameras located everywhere on the building . Management wasn't concerned a bit about going forward with an investigation , they consider it trash . :dunno: I don't find it to be trash in any way , and I could have used it for fixturing and tooling .

Back