Dangit .

Cobblers unite! :)
My dad’s material of choice was plywood. For all things. That and the kind of thin metal used to sheet campers and RVs.
When he passed away I must have recycled twenty pounds of small pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My dad was born in '29 too, Dec. 30. I don't know if I'd call him a cobbler. He just used whatever was at hand and wood was reserved for special things. He was always doing deals with my sisters trading cars with them. I remember him telling me to look in the '70 bug he'd put seat covers on and on the floor behind the front seat on the floor was a yellow Prestone coolant bottle. ?!?!? WTH? When I looked close he'd put a radio in it and didn't have anywhere to put the speaker so he mounted it in the Prestone bottle. It was all I could do to keep a straight face when I saw that.

My dad was born in '29 too, Dec. 30. I don't know if I'd call him a cobbler. He just used whatever was at hand and wood was reserved for special things. He was always doing deals with my sisters trading cars with them. I remember him telling me to look in the '70 bug he'd put seat covers on and on the floor behind the front seat on the floor was a yellow Prestone coolant bottle. ?!?!? WTH? When I looked close he'd put a radio in it and didn't have anywhere to put the speaker so he mounted it in the Prestone bottle. It was all I could do to keep a straight face when I saw that.

Oh yeah my dad would have done that too.
It used to bug me but I grew to see it as kind of endearing.

My dad turned 90 and about 5yrs ago he gave up his honorary position in the mobile park he lives in as the park handyman. He was actually doing good work there for the 20yrs he was doing it. I feel like he's a cautionary tale for all of us. When he gave up his handyman thing he's gone down and the butter has pretty much slipped off the pancakes.
Sad.

My dad turned 90 and about 5yrs ago he gave up his honorary position in the mobile park he lives in as the park handyman. He was actually doing good work there for the 20yrs he was doing it. I feel like he's a cautionary tale for all of us. When he gave up his handyman thing he's gone down and the butter has pretty much slipped off the pancakes.
Sad.

I completely understand where you’re at.
We eventually had to put my dad in assisted living and that was pretty much the straw. He was in an orphanage as a boy and I think it felt like he was being institutionalized again at 90. He didn’t last much more than six months after he went in.
Sad. And I miss him dearly.

I completely understand where you’re at.
We eventually had to put my dad in assisted living and that was pretty much the straw. He was in an orphanage as a boy and I think it felt like he was being institutionalized again at 90. He didn’t last much more than six months after he went in.
Sad. And I miss him dearly.

My mom passed at 56 and my dad and my uncle have always looked inordinately young for their age. He ended up marrying a woman who's 25yrs junior. She's been a very devoted wife and is taking good care of him bless her heart. So I don't see him having to go to a home thankfully. There was some resentment about her at first mainly with my sisters but nobody wants to say his wife isn't doing a good job and wants to take over.

Back