D1-4 lugs won't loosen

Aukai,
Good morning!
Just wondering if you inspected the cams once the chuck was off.
My D1-4 system had a similar problem the first time the chuck was removed. One of the cams was very difficult to loosen. Someone at the factory must have forced the cam because it was seriously gouged. Two of the cams were replaced on warranty.
IMG_0168.JPG

Also, I would recommend that you only use a well fitting wrench in the cams. The factory wrench was not a good fit in my cams which ended up damaging the socket. So I made up a new one.
IMG_0082.JPG

When installing a chuck on the spindle hold the chuck square to the spindle. The cams should all turn very easily to the first mark. Once all three cams are at the first mark go around the cams to pull the chuck in as evenly as possible.

Just got home from a get together with my daughter, and her friends who are visiting from America for a nursing/RT conference at Poi Pu.
A good time was had by all.....
Fried Akule
Papya seed shrimp
garlic seasoned shrimp
smoked meat(pork)
baked chicken
barbecue chicken
eggplant with onions
and several deserts

Hey Toz, all of the locks were pristine.

Just got home from a get together with my daughter, and her friends who are visiting from America for a nursing/RT conference at Poi Pu.
A good time was had by all.....
Fried Akule
Papya seed shrimp
garlic seasoned shrimp
smoked meat(pork)
baked chicken
barbecue chicken
eggplant with onions
and several deserts

For those of you who have never been to a Hawaii-style potluck, this is what it's like - you bring the best you know how to make. It's about respect for the people you are with, pride in your cooking and Aloha for the group. Small wonder that some of us eat until we get sleepy or pass out!

Hawaiian paralysis..... :)

I think you guys have to get a couple of web cams setup that point out of your shops, showing us what decent weather is...
Don't need beach, just what going from the house to the shop looks like in paradise. :grin:
Yes, you can tilt the head to cut the angles if your mill is capable of that. I prefer a tilting angle table because it is very fast, accurate, solid and it let's me get away without having to re-tram the head to vertical.
For those of you who have never been to a Hawaii-style potluck, this is what it's like - you bring the best you know how to make. It's about respect for the people you are with, pride in your cooking and Aloha for the group. Small wonder that some of us eat until we get sleepy or pass out!
Hawaiian paralysis..... :)

Morning Mike . ( for me ) Looks like a great day for some turning over there . :)

Slow moving, it's cold..... :grin:

I thought you would like that.....

Back