Best Options To Order For 1340GT

Not a lot of useful instruction that I saw in there. Specs, part names & locations mostly. Still a good reference when a guy needs it though.
Stock belt on my machine is a B-25, had to swap to the slower speed pulleys last night & it was a real *****. Motor case hits one of the headstock adjustment bolts. Belt is just plain tight too. Ordered a replacement from NAPA, (seeing the rubber dust already), but may end up going with a 26" instead.
Ran a test cut on a nice fat aluminum bar & the diameter was off around .004 in 6 or 7 inches. Running a dial indicator down the length confirmed the problem. Loosened the headstock bolts just a smidge & half the runout went away (indicated). Took the rest out with one of the adjustment bolts & did another cut. Ended up around .00025 that time so figure it's good enough for me. Haven't got around to the tailstock yet, had to tend to a wiring job in the house.
Curious whether the oil tends to have a foam on top in anybody else's sight glass? Will be draining & replacing it soon, so may be a non-issue anyway.

I suppose I'll find them in the document or during a visual, but where are these adjustment bolts for the headstock anyway? Mike (zmotorsports) had to tweak his too, so I'm betting mine will be a bit off. Oh...and let me know what belt size works for your lathe.

Back side of the headtock. there are 3 hex screws. I only played with one & called it good. It's in line with the bed, & that's good enough. May not be perfectly on the centerline, but I can adjust the tailstock to match, I reckon.
Got that 5l250W on, but it's tight. Think the 260 would have been a better choice. By the way, anybody need a 5L280 belt for their lathe? I'll send it to you, no charge.
Mark

Back side of the headtock. there are 3 hex screws. I only played with one & called it good. It's in line with the bed, & that's good enough. May not be perfectly on the centerline, but I can adjust the tailstock to match, I reckon.
Got that 5l250W on, but it's tight. Think the 260 would have been a better choice. By the way, anybody need a 5L280 belt for their lathe? I'll send it to you, no charge.
Mark

Does the 280 fit... does it fit in one belt configuration and not the other? If so... I probably would be interested. Text me, THX

John

It fits enough to drive the machine, but doesn't appear as there will be any adjustment left. The cover will NOT fit when it is installed.
Mark

It fits enough to drive the machine, but doesn't appear as there will be any adjustment left. The cover will NOT fit when it is installed.
Mark

OOOPs...

If the cover will not fit with that belt... well that would not work for me.
THX for the offer though.

John

Back