Awesome Vise Speed Handle Deal - Made in USA

That's true! I bought 1" x 1.5" x 144" bars of 6061 last year for $77 and only bought 4 bars (for this speed handle experiment) when I usually buy a minimum of 10 bars at a time. Today that same 12-foot bar is $155! in Dallas. Another supplier in San Antonio is charging $175 for that same bar. That's $1.22/inch! It's not good for the hobby machinist when material prices get that insane.

Take a look at this guy on ebay. I buy a lot of materail from him.

One of the things I do is look for the size I need already cut to length and with free shipping. I could pay for a long piece of materail plus shipping and then cut it to length, but I've found for most of the stuff I do for my transmission mods he has exactly what I need with free shipping and he does the work of cutting it up for me.

I buy a lot of this item and always buy way more than 4 at a time.

That drops the price from $28.37 down to $22.70 and free shipping. I think I have about 70 pieces on my shelf for future use right now. And as I sell more and build up funds I'll buy more of them in case we have a materail shortage with what's going on in the world right now.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say I got my handle in today. Got here quicker than I expected. It looks and works great!

As I was reading your post ttabbal I was opening my package with the handle I got today.
The handle is absolutely perfect. Finish is beautiful. Not a nick or a scratch anywhere. I almost don't want to use it and scratch it up.

I also received a had written note where he said thank you supporting his efforts to learn manufacturing and design.

From the look of the handle I'd say he's doing a pretty damn good job of it so far.

Just wanted to say I got my handle in today. Got here quicker than I expected. It looks and works great!
Same here! It's a littl smaller than I expected(though expectations were perhaps misguided), and the handle doesn't "swivel" but otherwise perfect!

Same here! It's a littl smaller than I expected(though expectations were perhaps misguided), and the handle doesn't "swivel" but otherwise perfect!
he states that it is press fit in... so I would not expect it to swivel.

The round handle is machined so smooth that it doesn't need to swivel.

Very quality part, aswesome machining and finish.

Back