Awesome Vise Speed Handle Deal - Made in USA

Funny . Some people leave feedback but most do not . I would guess that 75% of people don't . :dunno: I guess it's fine if not getting any negative feedbacks on Ebay .

rgetso

Did something I thought only I did on ebay when I make a sale on one of my transmission parts. He actually messaged me and said thanks and told me when it was going to ship and added a tracking number.​

I've always told my customers thanks, left them positive feedback, and added tracking. Now I know how good it feels having someone say thanks on ebay. The first time anyone has done that for me since 1998 on ebay.​

And yes, raise your price. When you run out of that old stock you have you will have to raise it anyway, and if you raise it now you can build up a nest egg and have the cash to buy your materials in bulk and save some $$$​

I usually send a kind message letting the buyer know when I intend to ship, and thanking him/her for purchasing.

And I too thought I was the only one!

I sent him a message about the shaper vise handle, and despite it requiring a new setup and different material to do something this large, it looks like he's going to be able to do it for me! Definitely a great interaction so far!

That's odd. I ship to anywhere ebay is. When it's an international shipment I just send my parts to Erlanger, KY than ebay forwards it. They add the shipping cost to the purchase price and there is no extra work for me at all. They handle all the customs stuff.

I send a ton of stuff to AU. Canada is a no brainier, I ship weekly there through ebay.
Yeah, dunno. Oh well.

What are you waiting for? :p

Needed to get to the vise to measure the hex. It's a Kurt, so it's probably consistent with others, but I wanted to send it in. Ordered one just now, always happy to purchase quality items from members here. Particularly with good prices. I'd rather support the guys here than some random importer. I hadn't seen these yet and they look really nice.

Well rats, no shipping to Canada :(
I message him and he remembers back in the day how hard it was to ship to canada. I told hm how easy it is now on ebay and he's going to look into it. So there is hope for you. If not let me know and I'll buy one and forward it to you.

Funny . Some people leave feedback but most do not . I would guess that 75% of people don't . :dunno: I guess it's fine if not getting any negative feedbacks on Ebay .
I always leave feedback. When a buyer pays me I leave feedback. I don't hold feedback hostage to see what they will do. I guess if you are kind of a shady seller that may be why you hold feedback hostage. I've never had a negative feedback since 1998. I work very hard to make sure it stays that way. And I find about 5% leave me feedback. But I've been selling my parts for a long time and when you see I've sold 186 of them that pretty much tells it all I think. https://www.ebay.com/itm/221782772686

I usually send a kind message letting the buyer know when I intend to ship, and thanking him/her for purchasing.

And I too thought I was the only one!
Well it's good to know there are at least 3 of us that leave thank you messages for customers.

Last edited:
I message him and he remembers back in the day how hard it was to ship to canada. I told hm how easy it is now on ebay and he's going to look into it. So there is hope for you. If not let me know and I'll buy one and forward it to you.
That's a super decent offer! I appreciate it.

rgetso

Did something I thought only I did on ebay when I make a sale on one of my transmission parts. He actually messaged me and said thanks and told me when it was going to ship and added a tracking number.​

I've always told my customers thanks, left them positive feedback, and added tracking. Now I know how good it feels having someone say thanks on ebay. The first time anyone has done that for me since 1998 on ebay.​

And yes, raise your price. When you run out of that old stock you have you will have to raise it anyway, and if you raise it now you can build up a nest egg and have the cash to buy your materials in bulk and save some $$$​

That's true! I bought 1" x 1.5" x 144" bars of 6061 last year for $77 and only bought 4 bars (for this speed handle experiment) when I usually buy a minimum of 10 bars at a time. Today that same 12-foot bar is $155! in Dallas. Another supplier in San Antonio is charging $175 for that same bar. That's $1.22/inch! It's not good for the hobby machinist when material prices get that insane.

Back