• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Anyone have a G0705 mill/drill?

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Billh50

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Doesn't look good for any deals so far. Everything close enough is either out of my range right now or too big. I have to watch what I spend right now until I get my jeep fixed so I can get back and forth to chemo.
Will keep looking though.

Eddyde

Active User
Yeah those industrial auctions can be rough, you can score some deals on small stuff but the popular machines always seem to go pretty high, at least around here. I find Craigslist to be a better source for the sweet deals.

34_40

Dazed and Confused
I wanna have an excuse to go to mystic this weekend:encourage:
LOL, Let me know if you go, the wife and I enjoy walking around and getting the roasted nuts in the general store!
I'd love to meet you.

Silverbullet

The grizzly mill is about the size of the mill you didn't win. I own the enco model and it's not real heavy about 700 lbs. The other rock Ford mills a beauty it's a little bigger then the grizzly but not much. And the price is right. $600.

richl

Active User
From 34-40 "LOL, Let me know if you go, the wife and I enjoy walking around and getting the roasted nuts in the general store!
I'd love to meet you."

I'll let the girlfriend know, I promised her another mystics trip, it will be great meeting you and yours. :encourage: it's one of my favorite sites.

Billh50

Active User
Think I will just go with the G0705 from Grizzly. It is new and I should have just enough left over to fix the Jeep Heater.

Billh50

Active User
I just purchased a G0705 equivalent in like new condition for $1000 delivered that I found on a local auction site. They won't send out til after weekend. So should get it sometime next week. Then I just need to get it into the garage. In the meantime I can make room.

Dave Paine

Congratulations on the new mill. I can imagine how eager you are to get this into the shop and running.

Glenn Brooks

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
woops, Missed one whole page of comments. Brain still reeling from dipping into to much Halloween candy last night.

BIll! Glad you found the mill. Plenty of collets on eBay. R8 are plentiful and inexpensive. I've had pretty good luck buying lightly used end mills in lots off eBay. Just study the pictures closely for signs of wear. Lots of good tooling comes from Eastern Europe and occasionally Israel.

Glenn

Last edited:

richl

Active User
If you need a hand moving and setting up bill, you only need to ask. I'd love to come up and give a hand. I think I might learn a couple things in the process.:encourage:

Eddyde

Active User
Congratulations on the mill! please post some pictures as soon as you can.
And likewise, if you need hand installing it just let me know, I'd be happy to help.

34_40

Dazed and Confused
Me too Bill!
I can help you get the "New Girl" into place and get my junk out of your way.. :beer bottles:

Billh50

Active User
lol...will let everyone know when it gets here. I will need to make a stand for it also.

richl

Active User
I have some portable Mig welders (lincoln 220v even a 110 model) we can make some great benches/stands/tables....
Angle iron, tubing, some decent sheet metal... even plywood...:cool::encourage::cheerful:

Billh50

Active User
richl,
I have made a lot of stands with bed rails. I have a mig here a friend gave me when he bought a bigger unit. No sheet metal but have some 3/4 plywood.

richl

Active User
What type of stand and dimensions do you have in mind Bill? We can build with angle or channel and use plywood for the top. Anything is possible, just need an idea of what you are thinking and the materials we will use.

Are there home depot type stores close, a metal supplier? Do you have the welder all setup? Mine is ready to go:encourage::cocksure:

Let me know, it looks like we are heading up to mystic this weekend, will be glad to stop by and build a stand with you, or for you... I know how to do the team thing :grin::big grin:

Billh50

Active User
I am not sure. Have been trying to find dimensions. There is a home depot and Lowes within 10 minutes. But I have plenty of bed rail that can be used also. I need to do this as cheap as I can. I have only enough money left to get my heater in Jeep fixed.
You are more than welcome to stop by for coffee and a meet even if not much gets done.

Billh50

Active User
Well for those following along here.
I bought an equivalent to the G0705. It is in like new condition and only cost me $1000. This leaves me enough to get my Jeep heater fixed as well.
The seller is going to deliver it next week for me. So I will have time to make room and a stand. Will probably make the stand this weekend. I forgot to take dimensions when I went to look at it. So stand might be a little bigger than needed. Will try to get stand dimension online for same type of machine.

Billh50

Active User
If anyone is heading this way and wants to stop by. Just send a message and I will give my address.

Silverbullet

Bill if I remember I made mine 24"D x 20"W x 30" Wide on casters but I made outriggers with adjustable feet to lock it in place and level it. Hockey pucks make good feet for this size mill. I just welded 1/2" x 3" black iron pipe on the corners and welded 1/2" nuts on the bottom . Used 4- 1' x 1/2" all thread , any angle iron can be used to frame it , , 3/4" plywood works glued and screws double thick. I made a full length drawer and a bottom hanged my hold downs set on the side and a couple hooks for wrenches. I did use sheet metal aluminum diamond plate on three sides but you can make your own on the frame top I welded in flat stock or angle iron to bolt down the mill . I did this about two years ago so I may be off a little but not much the mill base I think is like 20" x 18"

Billh50

Active User
Thanks, I found similar dimensions online last night.

Billh50

Active User
Mill will be here Thursday. Seller had to use a shipper to get it to me as hs truck broke down. Don't know why he just didn't tell me to come get it.
Anyway, I found out the machine is actually new and never used. He bought it 3yrs ago and never used it. So he's going to crate it up and will be picked up tomorrow and delivered Thursday.

I can't wait

34_40

Dazed and Confused
I feel like I am a kid in the cars back seat saying, "IS IT THERE YET?" :HM:

5 7