• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Anyone have a G0705 mill/drill?

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

34_40

Dazed and Confused
Bill, is this a grizzly product? I've been trying to look it up and not sure what I'm looking for.

Billh50

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
no...it is equivalent to the grizzly 0705. Same sizes as far as table travel and spindle to table distances. But I got it for $1000 with a 4" swivel vise. both are 3yrs old but never used.

34_40

Dazed and Confused
Ah - OK.. It sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see it.

Billh50

Active User
I don't believe it. I checked the status of the mill this morning just to make sure it was on it's way. Well the delivery date changed from today to the 13th. I called to find out why. Seems the mill was put on the wrong truck and it is going south for a couple days. Won't be back til Saturday sometime. And then has to get unloaded Monday and put on the right truck. Guess that's what happens when someone uses a cheap trucking firm.

Billh51

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Too bad about the delay of your new mill but that's better than hearing it fell off the truck. Now you won't be able to sleep for several nights. Lol. Congratulations on the mill.

Billh50

Active User
That's true. Would be worse if it fell off the truck.

brino

Active User
Once your mill is finished it's vacation down south, it'll be refreshed and ready to work!
-brino

Billh50

Active User
yeah but it could have taken me with it now that's it's cold here.

kvt

Active User
It is cold in south Tex also, was to be on a fishing trip but front came through and due to seas they canx on me. But it is still warmer than you. Just think it gives you more time to rearrange your list a few more times. Post some pics when you finally get it and set it up.

34_40

Dazed and Confused
Grrrrrr.. is it still on the east coast? I'll go get the damn thing! Sigh..

Sorry for the bad news, I thought I was the only one who had this kinda luck. :dejected:

Billh50

Active User
Well it made it to NY just the other side of Newburgh. That's only about 1 1/2 hrs fro me. But bet it still won't make it here til Tuesday.

Billh50

Active User
Would you believe it's on it's way back to Middletown where it started. LOL

Billh50

Active User
Only with checking tracking. It is in Middletown, CT on a trailer. Delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. They will call with a time the truck will arrive. Took 2 days talking to them just to get the right tracking number at the beginning.

richl

Active User
Good, sounds like it's legitimate, I was a bit concernedthat's the jersey in me lol

Rich

Billh50

Active User
yeah. I was too until I finally got the right tracking number from them. The guy that shipped it gave me the wrong tracking info. That's why I called the shipping company for the info.
The machine went to NJ then back up to NY and is now in Middletown, CT. Since it's the weekend it will probably sit there til Monday and hopefully I can get it then. But it is scheduled for Tuesday anyway.

I decided to wait til it's here to make the stand. So probably won't get it on the stand til next weekend. But will be posting pics during the build and after it's hooked up.

Silverbullet

Geez when I bought mine two years ago it took about three weeks from California and Harbor freight said it may take up to 90 days. I got a great deal with 25% off and my shipping was under $100. Would have been more but the shop next door has forklift at my leisure. I added hold down set and couple other items with it .

Billh50

Active User
Well it looks like I have to go pick it up in Cheshire tomorrow morning. Otherwise it will cost me $167 for a lift gate truck. Of course I will have to figure out how to get it off the wife's pickup after.

34_40

Dazed and Confused
Well it looks like I have to go pick it up in Cheshire tomorrow morning. Otherwise it will cost me $167 for a lift gate truck. Of course I will have to figure out how to get it off the wife's pickup after.
Sheesh, are they going to refund any shipping charges? Maybe later you can share the name of this under performing so called shipping company? Not sure how feasible it would be but I can come over Saturday and move it.

Billh50

Active User
Wife is going to need the truck. Might use her landscaping trailer to pick it up. Then it will be low enough I can use the engine hoist to get it off the trailer and into the garage.
Just have to see if it's feasible to move the trailer around the other truck that's stuck in the driveway by hand.
The stuck truck is her main truck that I fixed last week. Seems the $100 harness I put in shorted itself out. Or at least I think that is what went bad. I think the relay switch in the harness fell apart inside. Unfortunitely they don't warranty electrical.

Billh50

Active User
I never paid shipping. The seller did out of the $1000 I paid him. Maybe that's why he didn't order the lift gate.

34_40

Dazed and Confused
Good to hear you didn't fork out the shipping costs. But a darn shame they can't figure out where or how to deliver it.

Billh50

Active User
If I had the $167 I would have ordered it. But every dollar I have has to go to fix the truck as it is the one that has a plow on it.

5 7