Any RSO's in this group?

I would love to find a early Winchester 94 but haven't found one that is of any quality at a price I can handle. Maybe someday.
Right about the time the Winchester plant in Connecticut was closing down, everyone was out looking to buy Winchester made model 94's.
My dad called me from Arizona, he said, "you got to find me a 94, I can't find one anywhere". I didn't know what he was talking about. he said, you know a Winchester lever gun.
He hunted deer with them when he was a kid.
I found one at a gun store about 100 miles away. List price was $491 on line. They were asking $625 and had two left. I bought it.
I delivered it to him, he looked at it, put it in his gun safe. That was that. I don't think he ever fired it. Dad's gone now and I got the rifle. It burned in the fire.
The Winchester model 94 is now made in Japan. List price is $1,919.
Wow.
I'd like to find a sweet pre-64, 30-30 myself.

USPSA NROI, does NRA RSO school teach dropped gun procedures?
The NRA version of RSO training I went through was pretty basic. Probably nothing like USPSA certification.

I'm a NRA, Double Distinguished expert in two shooting disciplines (rifle and pistol). Any paper target within 100 yards should be doubly worried.
I went through a lot of ammo to earn the Distinguished expert qualifications. Every Saturday for months.

Right about the time the Winchester plant in Connecticut was closing down, everyone was out looking to buy Winchester made model 94's.
My dad called me from Arizona, he said, "you got to find me a 94, I can't find one anywhere". I didn't know what he was talking about. he said, you know a Winchester lever gun.
I found one at a gun store about 100 miles away. List price was $491 on line. They were asking $625 and had two left. I bought it.
I delivered it to him, he looked at it, put it in his gun safe. That was that. I don't think he ever fired it. Dad's gone now and I got the rifle. It burned in the fire.
Wow.
This story about what happen to your dads 94 made me feel a little sad. I hope you find a suitable replacement.

Also, the only thing that I am certified for right now is being a USPSA and Steel Challenge lead dispenser.

Wow.

I kick myself. I was out looking for one in the Pawn shops maybe 4 years ago, came across one but it needed some work and he was asking $250. At the time there were no shortages and I passed. Today, I kick myself. Also passed on a 1904 built Win 94 for $495 that needed some work about 2 years ago. But at the time, who ever thought the world would go nuts.

Was at a pawn shop last night. Hadn't been in there for some time. The place looks like the end of a garage sale. Got to talking to the owner and from what people were saying that were buying everything, they were off work and with the additional $600 per week coming in, they were spending it on stuff, not bills, not food, not planning for when it would run out. He said guys would come in a buy stuff that they admitted they didn't need but hey, it would be cool to own it if they ever had a need.

Yeah,
A crystal ball would be nice.
I would have put more into that fruit company called Apple had I known.
Amazon is another,
Bitcoin was cheap once too.

Primers are the hen's teeth.

Yea, I'd love to find some large pistol primers that are not stupidly priced. Had a guy post some primers on a gun board I frequent: one post was 3000 large pistol primers for $600 and he will not ship from Texas. What a jerk...

Back