Another Tool I Dont Need and Cant Afford and Dont Know How to Run

have you tried the handle on the bottom right on the apron
it turns the motor off and on
steve

it is below the thread dial, it sticks out and to the right
steve

But if it were the motor wouldnt voltage still be present at the motor?

That would be my thought.

I am suspecting that your next goal is to figure out where the click is coming from, as I don't have a clue, and wasn't expecting that.

Steve

have you tried the handle on the bottom right on the apron
it turns the motor off and on
steve

Yes, I can have it forward or reverse and it will shut off the same. You cant turn the power on by the switch if that lever is engaged, it must be in the middle position.

Any ideas on a resource that could troubleshoot the electric panel?

here are the hf and the grizzly wiring diagrams
the hf one is really hard to read and the grizzly may be different
but the grizzly shows what they call a "Ol relay" and it shows an adjustment wonder if that is overlimit
the harbor freight shows 2 fuses and a 24v transformer
i could only see 1 fuse on the grizzly
steve

Attachments

• 65044 (1).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • g4003_m.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
Ok, looking through that chart it looks like that could control the motor power but leave the rest of the controls live. Anybody ever adjust one of these relays? Bigger number = more ??

2012-09-08 08.02.12.jpg

Last edited:
Update: Problem fixed!

Ok, tweaked the adjustment 1/4 turn higher in the numbers and now no more shut off. Problem solved! Thanks for your help everybody!! :)

Re: any recomendations for tooling?

Any recommendations for inexpensive tooling to get started? Are the HF cutters any good to learn on?

Well, if you get a set you'll probably learn something. However it may not be what you want to know.

Charles

Re: any recomendations for tooling?

Well, if you get a set you'll probably learn something. However it may not be what you want to know.

Charles

I did get a set similar to the HF ones. A buddy said "Here are some unused Lathe Bits, they will work great" He was wrong. Dull and unable to cut butter was my experience.

Back