Another too good to be true item??

I think it was a useful learning exercise, won't be doing it again- "fool me twice shame on me"
Mark

Sometimes I just feel like engaging in an exercise in mind candy.
I entered this game with eyes wide open.
For me, the ride was worth the effort.
This time the outcome was harmless to me.
Next time, who knows.
Activity keeps the mind sharp ... even if it's frivolous activity.

Mine was delivered to somewhere Florida, I’m in California. Had to call eBay as my password wouldn’t work
1-866-487-3229 , got a full refund.

Just got an email from eBay saying my order was delivered.
My mail won't come for two more hours.
Here is the tracking data - I live near Seattle, WA

One of mine made it through NY, to VA, and says it is on time for delivery on Sat. The other has not changed since the 21st.

Gee, I almost came to my house, I am not far from Madison WI.

So does that mean that ebay and PP will not refund your money because it shows as delivered to your front porch?
I once had a box delivered with a rock in it so that it was about the correct weight, and I never was able to get my money back because it showed as delivered and I could not return the item that was ordered. But in my case it was actually delivered to me.

I believe that unless you have a confirmed PP address in Madison WI, PP will/should still refund you as it was not sent to you. That is why many places will not ship to any address other than your confirmed PP address.

It would be interesting to know what was delivered. i had one a few years ago, that when I filed for the refund, the tracking stopped there, and never proceeded further. Makes me wonder if it was a fake tracking link, or a boggus tracking company altogether, as it was like China post, but a name I never heard of.

Well the Dividing head disappeared from my "Purchase History" this morning and a problem ticket with the vendor was automatically created in my ebay account... no communication from the fraud department though (I doubt I will actually receive any). The problem ticket states "Item failed to arrive" and "Seller will respond by June 27" is listed in the ticket. So it sounds like I will receive my refund on the 27th when the seller fails to respond.

Other purchasers might want to consider opening a ticket if it is past their promised delivery date.

Hidden deep down in the bowels of ebay is this page... if anyone is interested:
https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/avoiding-seller-fraud?id=4024

I used the "report an issue" to report the seller as most likely being a scammer. I reported 4 other sellers at the same time, they all had the same products at the 80% off retail pricing on all of them and the seemingly random character names of the same length. I forget the other sellers I reported so I can't look them up to see if they have been shut down too. I wonder if ebay is going to automatically issue refunds to all the other buyers? Not just dividing head buyers but many other items all with multiple available in the the auction.

I have been buying and selling on Ebay since you could view ALL of the auctions on their sight in a single VERY long page (Jan 1998). My experience is they do not look out for anyone but themselves... unless you call them on something. Only recently have they actually had a way to contact them about a problem... and they still like to hide it as much as possible!

Thank you Mike, this link may be useful to others here.

John

Filed a claim on Monday, resolved today, no hassle at all. Almost instant refund.
Tracking number LT*****5379CN (numbers omitted to keep from being used by another scammer)

Back