Added another car to the garage. 67 Nova

Nice looking clutch. What brand is it?

Thank you, this is a company that works with Ram, so this is a Ram clutch that is made to Black Magic clutches specifications, and has their name on it, some of the internals are proprietary.

It's neat that you can adjust spring tension, but it's a shame the only part that's a bigger PITA to remove from a car than the clutch is a piston ring. Can you adjust it from under the inspection cover?

Counter weights, and base pressure are adjustable through the inspection cover. This is a view I was not expecting to see today. The floor jack slipped, and dented the oil pan, that was an all day project, but it's back together now.

Put in 2 bump buttons, one on the frame so I can adjust the base pressure, and counter weights on the clutch, also another one on the firewall so I can adjust valves. Getting to the starter to connect a hand held remote starter is almost impossible with the headers, and maybe hot when needed.
1695235327151.png

Put in 2 bump buttons, one on the frame so I can adjust the base pressure, and counter weights on the clutch, also another one on the firewall so I can adjust valves. Getting to the starter to connect a hand held remote starter is almost impossible with the headers, and maybe hot when needed.
View attachment 460423

Attaboy, that's the ticket! Every car needs one. Makes those screwdrivers last longer from all the electrical scars made by not wanting to go back to the toolbox and then crawl to get the clips on the solenoid studs. If it weren't for lawyers, I think every car would come with one.

My TRZ ARB(anti roll bar) was a builders kit, today I got the arms located, the links assembled, and both got welded, now they are ready for paint.

Well, my mind is blown! I did not know you could weld a torsion tube, but TRZ is doing it. I've gone my entire life thinking that was a no-go. Is the welding a DIY, or did they heat treat after welding the arms?

Seriously, I made this face.

200w.gif

It is .095 wall 4130 tubing, and no instructions on any heat treating after end user welding the arms in place. I have not had any issues with previous builds. The anti sway bar lessens body roll controlled by bar diameter. The anti roll bar almost eliminates any roll, its most useful on drag cars, the rear end can articulate straight up, and down only for launches.

Attachments

• 1695878031932.png
    1695878031932.png
    258.8 KB · Views: 6
Back