Added another car to the garage. 67 Nova

For better or worse, since the car will see street duty, and the support bearing is brass, I polished the tube end to help the grease. I hope it will make things last a little longer before wearing out.

I my experience, Heim joints in that type of application, on the street, will soon develop clearance and rattle like crazy. It never mattered whether steel on steel or with the PTFE liner. They wouldn't be tight for very long. I hope you have a different experience.

Necessity is the motherhood of butchery, and I am this sites chief hack :)
3" exhaust does not fit with the stock crossmember, so modification was needed. After fitting the exhaust I will see where I can gusset if needed, or maybe find something aftermarket that can be adapted. The pipes will raise up a bit, in the picture they are just hanging.

I changed my 9" center section today from a spool to posi traction, my problem is the spool is through splined, and the posi is not. One axle is about 1/2" too long, and needs to be shortened. I'm not sure but it may be 4140??? Will the spline cause problems parting, or should I cold saw the end, I also have an abrasive chop saw or 7" cut off wheel.

I might use a sturdy cutter to pre-chamfer through the splines and down to the uninterrupted diameter. Then part, saw, whatever.
Any of your methods will be OK, but deburr the splines well.

Back