2017 POTD Thread Archive

Great idea. Dry ice is pretty cheap here at $1 per pound and available at the local grocery store.
Robert

The neat part is that other than dirt or other oils etc., the dry ice doesn't affect the acetone and it can be reused.

Turned the backplate for my new 4-jaw for my Grizzley Lathe/Mill Combo. The machine came with the backplate, but finally got around to buying a 4-jaw. Now I remember why I never liked machining Cast Iron! Miserable crap.

Went up above Ephrata Pa. and picked up a QA42 thrower for one of the Cubs . The spline needed some attention but finally went together after 20 minutes with a file . So I hear it will be close to 60 degrees this week in Md . Heck , I'd buy 10 more snowblowers if it would stay 60 degrees ! :encourage:

IMG_7483.JPG

The neat part is that other than dirt or other oils etc., the dry ice doesn't affect the acetone and it can be reused.

Just no smoking or sparks. Acetone is highly flammable (not the dry ice). Not good to inhale either (the acetone that is)o_O

CHuck the grumpy old guy

Went up above Ephrata Pa. and picked up a QA42 thrower for one of the Cubs . The spline needed some attention but finally went together after 20 minutes with a file . So I hear it will be close to 60 degrees this week in Md . Heck , I'd buy 10 more snowblowers if it would stay 60 degrees ! :encourage:

I used to have one of those for my 127 cub. But here in Virginia we rarely get enough snow to be worthwhile. But I put the 42" blade to work 5 or 6 times a winter. I just put a new rubber scraper on this one. Not long ago I replaced the steel skids under the blade with steel wheels.

snowplow_600_396.jpg

Gotta love them Cubs ! :encourage:

Wanting to do them fancy bolt knobs and not having enough swing on the lathe I had to make do on the mill. After some late night googling I copied someone's design.
The annular cutters are like a hot knife cutting butter.

0489eabc4ba81c2ca18b82a316e41394.jpg23edac261697e9d88e78511f22789051.jpgbe4c54750ff3028d34cdba9de6d46801.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back