1969 Honda CT90 Riding Restoration

Hello again,
Tomorrow is Christmas Day. My family traditionally spends the day together exchange gifts and put the feed bag on.
On Christmas Eve i usually go to the in-law's parents house for the festivities .
Not this year.... :mad:- were gonna stay on lockdown- for many reasons- mainly for the health of our older family members.
we have made other arrangements to get gifts to the peoples , and have sent Christmas Cards, we'll also be face-timing.
it's not the same, but we'll get through and we look forward to brighter days ahead.
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

My son has no idea about his present yet.
i have kept it at the shop until this morning.
i brought it home and sneaked it into the garage, unbeknownst to the wee lad.
i took some photos of the bike after my road dog, the venerated "El Rojo Diablo" Ryan D. , did a spit shining on the lil beast

View attachment 348507 View attachment 348508
View attachment 348509 View attachment 348510
View attachment 348511
View attachment 348512 View attachment 348513

i added some spoke covers and replaced the rusted rear shocks.
i took the luggage rack of,
A) because it looks cool ;), B) because it will be easier to swing a leg over the seat for the boy.
i'll keep the rack for when it is needed again.

the bike runs but needs some parts installed, which will be chronicled in this thread!

Tune in again and Drink Your Ovaltine !!!!! :grin big:
Mike,
cleaned up great!

Hello again,
Tomorrow is Christmas Day. My family traditionally spends the day together exchange gifts and put the feed bag on.
On Christmas Eve i usually go to the in-law's parents house for the festivities .
Not this year.... :mad:- were gonna stay on lockdown- for many reasons- mainly for the health of our older family members.
we have made other arrangements to get gifts to the peoples , and have sent Christmas Cards, we'll also be face-timing.
it's not the same, but we'll get through and we look forward to brighter days ahead.
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

My son has no idea about his present yet.
i have kept it at the shop until this morning.
i brought it home and sneaked it into the garage, unbeknownst to the wee lad.
i took some photos of the bike after my road dog, the venerated "El Rojo Diablo" Ryan D. , did a spit shining on the lil beast

View attachment 348507 View attachment 348508
View attachment 348509 View attachment 348510
View attachment 348511
View attachment 348512 View attachment 348513

i added some spoke covers and replaced the rusted rear shocks.
i took the luggage rack of,
A) because it looks cool ;), B) because it will be easier to swing a leg over the seat for the boy.
i'll keep the rack for when it is needed again.

the bike runs but needs some parts installed, which will be chronicled in this thread!

Tune in again and Drink Your Ovaltine !!!!! :grin big:
Merry Christmas !. Good Job Santa, you will see your sones eyes light up and have given him a wonderful lifelong memory.

i broke away for a moment to share the picture of the boy on the bike!

View attachment 348573

Merry Christmas!
Too bad he's so disappointed.:grin:

Nice job Pop! We all have dreams of bringing joy to our kids on Christmas morning. After 28 Christmases as a Dad I realize the "out of the park" presents are pretty few and far between. Enjoy!

That's really awesome!
Best of the season to you :)

Back