1969 Honda CT90 Riding Restoration

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
I came across a 1969 Honda trail 90 AKA known as the CT90 today before i came home from work.
i checked craigslist just before i shut down this afternoon and saw that an ad popped up from a guy no more than 20 minutes away about 7 hours before.
i gave the nice guy a shout and said if he still had it, i was coming to get it!
He said Come On Down, like ol' Monty Hall(from the Price is Right fame) used to say..
i Showed up 18 minutes later and loaded er up.
then proceeded to kick tires and tell lies for a few minutes, before headin' back to the shop, where i can hide the CT90 until Christmas Eve.
this will be a gift to my son for Christmas.

IMG_4374.jpgIMG_4379.jpgIMG_4381.jpg
IMG_4380.jpg
IMG_4382.jpg
IMG_4383.jpgIMG_4384.jpg

there is much work to be done to make the bike work reliably again, as it has not seen fresh gasoline in more than 5 years.

i have already purchased parts for the bike and await their arrival.

i'll be cataloging and sharing the experience as a father/son project

follow us, if you will!

Looks to be in excellent condition given it's past 50 years old!
I worked at the local Honda dealer when I was a teenager in the late 60's. Overhauled many, many of those 90 cc engines. :anon:

Last edited:
Very nice Mike. That thing looks to be in great condition. Should be a great father-son project. I owned a couple of those many years ago. They were great little bikes.

Ted

How old is your son? That would be a great way to teach him how to to guy stuff!
And , very nice find!

That looks like an earlier one too- they made gazillions of those up until '74 I think?
-Mark

I had a 1967 for a while (all stock and original). I finished up selling it back to my friend i purchased it from. I rode a '67 in 1967 so it was / is kinda special.

check out the famous Moab trail for bikes called "Slick Rock" which was pioneered by some guys riding those!

I love this!
thank you David! she is sweet!
Looks to be in excellent condition given it's past 50 years old!
I worked at the local Honda dealer when I was a teenager in the late 60's. Overhauled many, many of those 90 cc engines. :anon:
it's funny, the CT90 is 2 months younger than i am- i'd like to think it's worth saving!!!!
i gotta do a bunch of stuff to make er per again, i may call on you to straighten me out on it! :grin:
Wow nice find Mike. It looks to be in great shape.
thanks Thomas, i just had dumb luck on this one- i'm surprised someone didn't show up before i did
Classy! Very clean California-kept steel!
thanks ! she was garaged most of her life- she has some character marks that may just stay there
i'm planning paint if the boy is interested in that.
i'll be replacing rusted or otherwise deteriorated parts as i find em"
Very nice Mike. That thing looks to be in great condition. Should be a great father-son project. I owned a couple of those many years ago. They were great little bikes.

Ted
How ya doing Ted, i hope everything is good with you!
having one now takes me back to my first rides, on the trail 70's and trail 90's- i get to re-live it again!!!
they sure are great lil units!!!
good to hear from you!

How old is your son? That would be a great way to teach him how to to guy stuff!
And , very nice find!
my son is 11, ready to get taught some on my skills!
thank you very much!
That looks like an earlier one too- they made gazillions of those up until '74 I think?
-Mark
it is a 11/1969 model, the CT90.
they were made basically the same from 1969 until production ceased in 1979, with some improvements, but basic motor was the same
a lot of the later production 110's went until the mid 1980's
I had a 1967 for a while (all stock and original). I finished up selling it back to my friend i purchased it from. I rode a '67 in 1967 so it was / is kinda special.

check out the famous Moab trail for bikes called "Slick Rock" which was pioneered by some guys riding those!
thank you!
i'll need to look up the Slick Rock, igotta admit, i'm ignorant to it!
thanks for the tip!

thanks to all for the kind words, we hope to make us all proud!

Back