1/8 Broach???

It is nice case,I like it but the corners are split.I did straighten it and it works.So if don’t get another that’s OK.But all finger nail gouges does bother me some.Still not earth shaking

I don't think a tapered guide would work.
A tapered shim the length of the broach would work if it was the length of the broach and pressed thru with it. Most likely will break the shim.
Agreed. I was thinking just a tapered shim the length of the cut would work at first, then realized all you are doing is changing the angle of the cut, all teeth after the first, will follow the first, and still have the same depth over the prior tooth, as doing a straight cut. To change the depth each following tooth takes, you need to change the back of the broach, or use a full length tapered shim, like you mention.

Changing the angle of the guide, or the guide shims, only changes the angle of the final cut.

Guys thanks for the education on broaching,all this information has help me so much and maybe I won't destroy a good cutting tool and make a good key way

Back