What Did You Buy Today?

Piloted counterbores and a speed wrench ? They would've fit in that box you just got ! :big grin:

Not sure I understand what their model is.
Me either! The adjustable 7 x 10 angle plate I just bought had the Shars sticker on the box. Had never been out of the box and was 1/2 Shars price. A few years ago someone else bought Shars and the really good deals quickly disappeared. Was it MSC that bought them? Amazon has one that including shipping is a little cheaper . different design with less webbing and weighs 6 #s less.
I've been comparing prices between eBay, Shars and Quality Tool. On some items their eBay price is higher than their catalog but shipping is either free or much cheaper. The eBay total cost coming out a little cheaper. Strange since they have to pay the eBay fees.

Me either! The adjustable 7 x 10 angle plate I just bought had the Shars sticker on the box. Had never been out of the box and was 1/2 Shars price. A few years ago someone else bought Shars and the really good deals quickly disappeared. Was it MSC that bought them? Amazon has one that including shipping is a little cheaper . different design with less webbing and weighs 6 #s less.
I've been comparing prices between eBay, Shars and Quality Tool. On some items their eBay price is higher than their catalog but shipping is either free or much cheaper. The eBay total cost coming out a little cheaper. Strange since they have to pay the eBay fees.
discount_machine is the eBay arm of Shars. They exclusively sell Shars items. Sometimes there are significant differences in pricing between Shars and discount_machine, so it pays to check. I paid $107 for my ER40 set tru chuck using discount_machine just recently. Shars had the same item for $147. However, both of them do not seem to offer low cost shipping. I find shipping from Shars and discount_machine seem to be higher than most other suppliers. Maybe if asked (and I haven't tried yet) they would ship via flat rate boxes.

Not aware of Shars being purchased, but have to admit, I don't follow that sort of thing.

With all of these suppliers one has to look very carefully at what short cuts may have been taken. Was just looking at the adjustable angle plates this morning! They seem to have different "bearing surfaces" on them. Some seem to have multiple skinny ribs, others wider beefier ones. The weights are all different, primarily due to how they attempted to thin out the casting. Definitely buyer beware.

The items offered by Discount Machine are purchased by Shars in volumes large enough to get substantial discounts from the manufacturers. Often times the items sell fast enough that they don't make it over to Discount Machine. Other times more seem to be sold at Discount Machine than on the regular Shars website.

You have to check both places religiously when making a substantial purchase. I found a while ago that they both run sales independent of one another. I was looking for a broach set and checked both places. Initially Discount Machine was slightly less expensive when the shipping was included. I procrastinated a while and finally went back to make an order. When I did a second check Shars had the set on sale and Discount Machine didn't. I ended up buying from the Shars website for $125.00 less than if I had gone through Discount Machine.

I bought two of these for my 4- and 6-jaw 12” TMX chucks:

46AA6A0B-F984-46DD-B5EC-5BB5ED028FCB.jpeg

CA22A4CA-EA92-48D2-BFB5-20A7E4472412.jpeg

The weight capacity is 500 lbs; one of the chucks is 170 lbs. I like the low center of gravity because the way that I am storing the chuck now (on top of a narrow welding cart), I was always afraid that the cart would tip over.

Back