Toro Lawn Mower Repair

It is a 21" Recycler II Super Pro, and like I said Toro no longer makes or sales the parts.
If they don't make or sell, they shouldn't have an issue with sending you a PDF drawing: you just have to do some cajoling to get to the right person.

EDIT: Damn it, Dave! However a dimensioned drawing would be nice, but there's enough info to cut a replacement block (shaped as I thought).

@Just for fun : To avoid clouds of dust, for one part a decent hacksaw blade will work, but you can get carbide grit blades. For the curve you can get carbide grit rod blades.

Last edited:
Mine is the vintage before the one Dave posted, and it does look a little different. That part is not available either.

eBay might be a good place to look. When I talked to Toro company they said maybe a dealer might have one in there stock. The brake pad it's self is not that big and wouldn't be hard at all to replace. I'm not even sure that it is glued, it probably is I just don't see it.

Mine is the vintage before the one Dave posted, and it does look a little different. That part is not available either.

eBay might be a good place to look. When I talked to Toro company they said maybe a dealer might have one in there stock. The brake pad it's self is not that big and wouldn't be hard at all to replace. I'm not even sure that it is glued, it probably is I just don't see it.
Brake linings are typically bonded to metal using high temperature phenolic-based adhesives that are heat cured. Somewhere on the forums (I think this one or HMEM) in the last 6 months or so there was a thread on brake/clutch bonding cement.

If the friction pad isn’t properly adhered it can get loose and jam the mechanism.

EDIT: Like this:

Last edited:
you'd be surprised how many NOS parts are available on ebay.
True; even if you don’t find the one you want, you can reach out to the Sellers and see if they have one that isn’t listed.

Also check with the one-man-shop guys in you area that fix stuff in their garage.

I restore old chainsaws and there are guys who bought out the inventories of old saw shop parts and it's amazing what they have brand new for saws that were made in the 60's and 70's.

PXL_20220829_190818586.jpg

Back