Quick peek into my new tool cabinet

GrifterGuru

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
After receiving the Tool Cabinet I purchased recently, noted HERE (<<<LINK) in the "what did you buy today thread, I thought some would like to be nosey and see what I have in the thing...

There is a Secondary thread detailing a repair I had to carry out on this cabinet, that thread is located HERE (<<< LINK)

Still in the process of organising it properly, but for the most part it is near-enough to how I want it, with some minor adjustments needed.

Starting with the top box, under the top lid...
SAM_0061.JPG

SAM_0057.JPG SAM_0058.JPG

SAM_0060.JPG

In the top drawer.... Waiting on a couple of recently purchased Mitutoyo Micrometers, so that empty space will be filled very shortly.

SAM_0062.JPG

Second drawer down...

SAM_0065.JPGSAM_0066.JPG

Third Drawer...

SAM_0067.JPG

Bottom Drawer of top Box

SAM_0068.JPG

The space under the bottom drawer where the face panel slides, hides a book....

SAM_0069.JPGSAM_0071.JPG

The Middle Cabinet....

SAM_0072A.JPG

Top Left Drawer.

SAM_0091.JPG

Top Right Drawer

SAM_0092.JPG

Second Drawer

SAM_0072.JPG

Bottom Drawer

SAM_0073.JPG

The space under the bottom drawer where the face panel slides, hides a book....

SAM_0074.JPGSAM_0075.JPG

BASE CABINET IN NEXT POST!!!!

Last edited:
Base Cabinet

SAM_0076.JPG

Top Drawer

SAM_0077.JPGSAM_0078.JPG

Second Drawer

The ER32 Faceplate is currently mounted on the SC3, so missing from this photo...

SAM_0081.JPG

Third Drawer

SAM_0082.JPGSAM_0083.JPGSAM_0084.JPGSAM_0085.JPGSAM_0086.JPG

Bottom drawer

The 4" / 100mm Rotary table is sitting on three different Faceplates (one C3 80mm boss / SC3 4" mount / SC4 4" mount)

SAM_0088.JPG

Congratulations: you are in contention for the ChazzC Labeling & Organization Award of the Month!
Thats more to do with High functioning ASD than anything else. Labelling helps scratch that itch for knowing what is where, besides, it saves time too. A quick look and I know where my 8mm boring bar is, or what the carbide insert are in a particular insert case.

Yes! clear marking on tool cabinets is a huge short coming of mine and sees me scrabbling thru drawers all too often. LOL muttering
One day I will do it, I promise!
Retirement is just around the corner.

Yes! clear marking on tool cabinets is a huge short coming of mine and sees me scrabbling thru drawers all too often. LOL muttering
One day I will do it, I promise!
Retirement is just around the corner.

@sycle1

By an electronic dymo label printer. Sooo easy and fast to use.

Last edited:
The real test comes in a few years when you check back and see if the label still has any relation to what's in the drawer...

GsT
Thats the joy of being organised enough to have a Label printer. If the content changes, the label changes. ;)

That said, once I get things organised in a good flow for me, they stay that way.

Back