Pressure washing cast iron cookware

Wow. I hope you didn't use abrasives.

I have a ton of cast iron. Electrolysis works fine, as does the fire method (or self-clean cycle), although some say warping is a risk with fire. You can also use oven cleaner.

I have used abrasives on cheap modern cast iron, but anything made with fine casting sand and a smooth finish deserves better treatment. I'll sand the daylights out of a cheesy Lodge pan, because they come with terrible finishes, but never a nice old Griswold.

You can use plain old salt for electrolysis, but it will give off chlorine, so do it outside. Otherwise, baking soda and washing soda work.

Whatever you do, rely on someone who actually knows what he's doing. Don't take advice from noobs.

Wow. I hope you didn't use abrasives.

I have a ton of cast iron. Electrolysis works fine, as does the fire method (or self-clean cycle), although some say warping is a risk with fire. You can also use oven cleaner.

I have used abrasives on cheap modern cast iron, but anything made with fine casting sand and a smooth finish deserves better treatment. I'll sand the daylights out of a cheesy Lodge pan, because they come with terrible finishes, but never a nice old Griswold.

You can use plain old salt for electrolysis, but it will give off chlorine, so do it outside. Otherwise, baking soda and washing soda work.

Whatever you do, rely on someone who actually knows what he's doing. Don't take advice from noobs.
Pans aside, I hope you don’t have any issues with this storm, It’s a big one !

Back